North West district Information
Tehsils in North West district:
About North West district:
North West is a district in NCT of Delhi state, India. The total area of the district is 130 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3651261 living in houses, among them male population is 1960677 and female population is 1690584. Sex ratio of the district is 865 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 84.45%.
North West district vehicle registration code is DL 08, DL 11. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in North West Delhi 1: Wazir Pur,North West Delhi North West Zone II: Rohini.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 0 to 200 units = Rs.4.0 per unit
- 201 to 400 units = Rs.5.95 per unit
- 401 to 800 units = Rs.7.30 per unit
- 801 to 1200 units = Rs.8.10 per unit
- 1201 and above units = Rs.8.75 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Bhai Dooj, Chhat, Christmas, Diwali, Durga Puja, Dussehra, Eid, Guru Nanak Jayanti, Holi, Janmashtami, Lohri, Muharram,Navaratri, Rakshabandhan, Mahashivaratri, Phoolwalon-ki-Sair, Garden Tourism Festival, Mango Festival, Qutub Festival are the major festivals celebrated in North West district.
North West Cuisine:
Chole Bhature, Golgappe, Poori Aloo, Dahi Bhalle, Rolls, Kachori with Sabzi, Samose with Chole, Bishan Swaroop Chaat, Rabri Faluda, Paratha, Aloo Tikki, Multani Moth Kachori, Chole Kulche, Besan ka Chilla, Chana Zor Garam, Mutton Korma, Shammi Kabab, Shahjahani Korma, Halwa Papdi, Pista Samosa, Dal Makhni, Butter Chicken, Reshmi Kabab, Murgh Musallam, Kachaalu Chutney, Khasta Papdis, Butter Chicken, Nihari are few of the many varieties of North West.
Top tourist places in North West:
Places of interest in North West:
India Gate and Rajpath, Sansad Bhavan, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Connaught Place, Lodhi Gardens, Sikandar Lodi's tomb, Bara Gumbad, Shisha Gumbad, Purana Quila, Red Fort, Salimgarh Fort, Chandni Chowk, Safdarjung's Tomb, Qutub Minar, Tughlaqabad, Akshardham Temple, Laxminarayan Temple, Cathedral Church of Redemption, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, ISKCON Temple, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, Kalka Ji Mandir, National Museum, National Rail Museum, Jantar Mantar, Nizamuddin Dargah, Raj Ghat, Shanti Vana, National Zoological Park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Wheat, Barley, Bhajra, Maize, Jowar, Paddy, Gram, Potatoes, Sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in North West district:
- Holambi Kalan
Insurance Companies in North West:
Lawyers (Advocates) in North West:
Blood banks in North West:
- Pitampura Blood Bank,B-294, SARASWATI VIHAR, OUTER RING ROAD , ABOVE YAMAHA SHOWROOM ,PITAMPURA, Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi, 110034
- Lions Blood Bank (NABH Accredited) Shalimar bagh, Delhi, Ak Block, 100, Block AK, Poorbi Shalimar Bag, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi, 110088
Trading companies in North West:
Hotels in North West:
- Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini, Twin District Centre, Sector 10, Rohini, New Delhi, Delhi 110085
- Hotel Royal Mirage, 107A, Rishi Nagar, Rani Bagh, Near Shakur Basti Railway Station, Pitampura, New Delhi, Delhi 110034
- Premier Inn New Delhi Shalimar Bagh Hotel, District Centre, Crossing, Opposite Toyota Galaxy District Park Shalimar Bagh,, Outer Ring Rd, Haider Pur, New Delhi, Delhi 110088
- Hotel Sewa Grand, Site No.10, Road Number 42, Pitampura, New Delhi, Delhi 110083
- Grand Venizia, 6, Bhama Shah Marg, Opp. Kirpal Bagh Ashram, Near Model Town Metro Station, New Delhi, Delhi 110009
Theatres in North West district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||The Delhi State Cooperative Bank Limited||8|