North district Information
Tehsils/Talukas in North district:
North district map:
About North district:
North is a district in NCT of Delhi state, India. The total area of the district is 59 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 883418 living in houses, among them male population is 472260 and female population is 411158. Sex ratio of the district is 869 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 86.85%.
North district vehicle registration code is DL 01. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Delhi North: Mall Road.
Important Festivals of the district:
Bhai Dooj, Chhat, Christmas, Diwali, Durga Puja, Dussehra, Eid, Guru Nanak Jayanti, Holi, Janmashtami, Lohri, Muharram,Navaratri, Rakshabandhan, Mahashivaratri, Phoolwalon-ki-Sair, Garden Tourism Festival, Mango Festival, Qutub Festival are the major festivals celebrated in North district.
Chole Bhature, Golgappe, Poori Aloo, Dahi Bhalle, Rolls, Kachori with Sabzi, Samose with Chole, Bishan Swaroop Chaat, Rabri Faluda, Paratha, Aloo Tikki, Multani Moth Kachori, Chole Kulche, Besan ka Chilla, Chana Zor Garam, Mutton Korma, Shammi Kabab, Shahjahani Korma, Halwa Papdi, Pista Samosa, Dal Makhni, Butter Chicken, Reshmi Kabab, Murgh Musallam, Kachaalu Chutney, Khasta Papdis, Butter Chicken, Nihari are few of the many varieties of North.
Top tourist places in North:
Places of interest in North:
India Gate and Rajpath, Sansad Bhavan, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Connaught Place, Lodhi Gardens, Sikandar Lodi's tomb, Bara Gumbad, Shisha Gumbad, Purana Quila, Red Fort, Salimgarh Fort, Chandni Chowk, Safdarjung's Tomb, Qutub Minar, Tughlaqabad, Akshardham Temple, Laxminarayan Temple, Cathedral Church of Redemption, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, ISKCON Temple, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, Kalka Ji Mandir, National Museum, National Rail Museum, Jantar Mantar, Nizamuddin Dargah, Raj Ghat, Shanti Vana, National Zoological Park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Wheat, Barley, Bhajra, Maize, Jowar, Paddy, Gram, Potatoes, Sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in North:
- Maidens Hotel, 7, Sham Nath Marg, Civil Lines, New Delhi, Delhi 110054
- North Avenue By Peppermint, 31 Bunglow Road Kamlanagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110007
- Petite Hotel, 4A, Flag Staff Marg, Civil Lines, New Delhi, Delhi 110054
- Hotel Traditional Inn, A 248, Bunker, Ashok ViharPhase.IV Near Police Station,, Bharat Nagar, Ashok Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110052
- Hotel Sunshine Delhi, 21, Behind, MCD office Karol Bagh, DB Gupta Road, Block 20 B, Dev Nagar, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
- Hotel Wall City, 287, Opposite Fatehpuri Mosque, Fatehpuri, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110006
Theatres in North district:
Blocks/Mandals in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||The Delhi State Cooperative Bank Limited||11|