South West district Information
Tehsils in South West district:
About South West district:
South West is a district in NCT of Delhi state, India. The total area of the district is 395 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2292363 living in houses, among them male population is 1248700 and female population is 1043663. Sex ratio of the district is 840 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 88.28%.
South West district vehicle registration code is DL 09, DL 12. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in South West Delhi South West 1: Janakpuri / Palam,South West Delhi South West II: Vasant Vihar.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 0 to 200 units = Rs.4.0 per unit
- 201 to 400 units = Rs.5.95 per unit
- 401 to 800 units = Rs.7.30 per unit
- 801 to 1200 units = Rs.8.10 per unit
- 1201 and above units = Rs.8.75 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Bhai Dooj, Chhat, Christmas, Diwali, Durga Puja, Dussehra, Eid, Guru Nanak Jayanti, Holi, Janmashtami, Lohri, Muharram,Navaratri, Rakshabandhan, Mahashivaratri, Phoolwalon-ki-Sair, Garden Tourism Festival, Mango Festival, Qutub Festival are the major festivals celebrated in South West district.
South West Cuisine:
Chole Bhature, Golgappe, Poori Aloo, Dahi Bhalle, Rolls, Kachori with Sabzi, Samose with Chole, Bishan Swaroop Chaat, Rabri Faluda, Paratha, Aloo Tikki, Multani Moth Kachori, Chole Kulche, Besan ka Chilla, Chana Zor Garam, Mutton Korma, Shammi Kabab, Shahjahani Korma, Halwa Papdi, Pista Samosa, Dal Makhni, Butter Chicken, Reshmi Kabab, Murgh Musallam, Kachaalu Chutney, Khasta Papdis, Butter Chicken, Nihari are few of the many varieties of South West.
Top tourist places in South West:
Places of interest in South West:
India Gate and Rajpath, Sansad Bhavan, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Connaught Place, Lodhi Gardens, Sikandar Lodi's tomb, Bara Gumbad, Shisha Gumbad, Purana Quila, Red Fort, Salimgarh Fort, Chandni Chowk, Safdarjung's Tomb, Qutub Minar, Tughlaqabad, Akshardham Temple, Laxminarayan Temple, Cathedral Church of Redemption, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, ISKCON Temple, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, Kalka Ji Mandir, National Museum, National Rail Museum, Jantar Mantar, Nizamuddin Dargah, Raj Ghat, Shanti Vana, National Zoological Park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Wheat, Barley, Bhajra, Maize, Jowar, Paddy, Gram, Potatoes, Sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in South West district:
- Delhi Indrapuri
- Shahabad MdPur
Insurance Companies in South West:
Lawyers (Advocates) in South West:
Blood banks in South West:
- Rotary Blood Bank,56-57, Mehrauli - Badarpur Rd, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, Madangir, New Delhi, Delhi 110062
Trading companies in South West:
Hotels in South West:
- Hotel Shimla Heritage, 7A/36, Channa Market, West Extension Area, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
- Hotel Delhi Aerocity, 104/2/2, M. R. Complex, Rangpuri, National Highway 8, Near, Rangpuri, Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi, Delhi 110037
- Hotel Malik Continental, Masoodpur Main Road, Opposite LIG Flats, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Delhi 110070
- Indira International Inn, B - 32, Masoodpur, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Delhi 110070
- South Indian Hotel, No.10211, Padam Singh Road,, RD Chamber, Ajmal Khan Rd, Block 14, WEA, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
- Hotel SPB 87, 17A/2, W.E.A. Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
Theatres in South West district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||The Delhi State Cooperative Bank Limited||4|