South district Information
Tehsils in South district:
About South district:
South is a district in NCT of Delhi state, India. The total area of the district is 250 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2733752 living in houses, among them male population is 1470288 and female population is 1263464. Sex ratio of the district is 862 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 86.57%.
South district vehicle registration code is DL 03. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in South Delhi South: Sheikh Sarai.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 0 to 200 units = Rs.4.0 per unit
- 201 to 400 units = Rs.5.95 per unit
- 401 to 800 units = Rs.7.30 per unit
- 801 to 1200 units = Rs.8.10 per unit
- 1201 and above units = Rs.8.75 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Bhai Dooj, Chhat, Christmas, Diwali, Durga Puja, Dussehra, Eid, Guru Nanak Jayanti, Holi, Janmashtami, Lohri, Muharram,Navaratri, Rakshabandhan, Mahashivaratri, Phoolwalon-ki-Sair, Garden Tourism Festival, Mango Festival, Qutub Festival are the major festivals celebrated in South district.
Chole Bhature, Golgappe, Poori Aloo, Dahi Bhalle, Rolls, Kachori with Sabzi, Samose with Chole, Bishan Swaroop Chaat, Rabri Faluda, Paratha, Aloo Tikki, Multani Moth Kachori, Chole Kulche, Besan ka Chilla, Chana Zor Garam, Mutton Korma, Shammi Kabab, Shahjahani Korma, Halwa Papdi, Pista Samosa, Dal Makhni, Butter Chicken, Reshmi Kabab, Murgh Musallam, Kachaalu Chutney, Khasta Papdis, Butter Chicken, Nihari are few of the many varieties of South.
Top tourist places in South:
Places of interest in South:
India Gate and Rajpath, Sansad Bhavan, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Connaught Place, Lodhi Gardens, Sikandar Lodi's tomb, Bara Gumbad, Shisha Gumbad, Purana Quila, Red Fort, Salimgarh Fort, Chandni Chowk, Safdarjung's Tomb, Qutub Minar, Tughlaqabad, Akshardham Temple, Laxminarayan Temple, Cathedral Church of Redemption, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, ISKCON Temple, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, Kalka Ji Mandir, National Museum, National Rail Museum, Jantar Mantar, Nizamuddin Dargah, Raj Ghat, Shanti Vana, National Zoological Park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Wheat, Barley, Bhajra, Maize, Jowar, Paddy, Gram, Potatoes, Sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in South district:
- H Nizamuddin
- Lodi Colony
Insurance Companies in South:
Lawyers (Advocates) in South:
Blood banks in South:
- White Cross Blood Bank,A60, East of Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110065
- Rotary Blood Bank,56-57, Mehrauli - Badarpur Rd, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, Madangir, New Delhi, Delhi 110062
- BloodConnect,H-19, Vaishno Devi Marg, Block H, Lajpat Nagar II, New Delhi, Delhi 110024
- Artemis Blood Bank,Rd Number 226, Sector 20 Dwarka, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110077
- Blood Bank, Pusa Rd, Block 11, Old Rajinder Nagar, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
- Paras Hospital Blood Bank, Sushant Lok I, Phase -1, Block C, Sushant Lok Phase I, Sector 43, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
- Gurgaon Blood Bank,Sector 5, Gurugram, Haryana 122001
- Matro Hospital, Blood Bank,H- Block, Palam Vihar, Gurugram, Haryana 122017
- Lions Blood Bank (NABH Accredited) Shalimar bagh, Delhi,Ak Block, 100, Block AK, Poorbi Shalimar Bag, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi, 110088
Trading companies in South:
Hotels in South:
- Hamilton Lodge, S-153,Panchsheel Park South, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
- Hotel GTC, E-514, Greater Kailash-2, Greater Kailash II, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110048
- Hotel Rockland, B 207, Block B, C R Park, Outer Ring Road, Near Savitri Cinema Flyover, New Delhi, Delhi 110019
- Hotel Atithi, F-5, East Of Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110065
- The Legend Inn, E-4, East of Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110065
- JRD – The Luxury Boutique Hotel, B7/113A, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi, Delhi 110029
Theatres in South district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|2||The Delhi State Cooperative Bank Limited||8|