West district Information
Tehsils in West district:
About West district:
West is a district in NCT of Delhi state, India. The total area of the district is 112 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2531583 living in houses, among them male population is 1349685 and female population is 1181898. Sex ratio of the district is 875 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 86.98%.
West district vehicle registration code is DL 04, DL 10. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in West Delhi West 1: West Janakpuri,West Delhi-II: Raja Garden.
Electricity board in NCT of Delhi:
- Regulatory Commission - Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC)
- Generating Companies - Indraprastha Power Generation Company Limited (IPGCL)
- Transmission Companies - Delhi Transco Limited(DTL), State Load Despatch Center (SLDC)
- Distribution Companies - BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL)/BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL), North Delhi Power Limited(NDPL)
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 0 to 200 units = Rs.4.0 per unit
- 201 to 400 units = Rs.5.95 per unit
- 401 to 800 units = Rs.7.30 per unit
- 801 to 1200 units = Rs.8.10 per unit
- 1201 and above units = Rs.8.75 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Bhai Dooj, Chhat, Christmas, Diwali, Durga Puja, Dussehra, Eid, Guru Nanak Jayanti, Holi, Janmashtami, Lohri, Muharram,Navaratri, Rakshabandhan, Mahashivaratri, Phoolwalon-ki-Sair, Garden Tourism Festival, Mango Festival, Qutub Festival are the major festivals celebrated in West district.
Chole Bhature, Golgappe, Poori Aloo, Dahi Bhalle, Rolls, Kachori with Sabzi, Samose with Chole, Bishan Swaroop Chaat, Rabri Faluda, Paratha, Aloo Tikki, Multani Moth Kachori, Chole Kulche, Besan ka Chilla, Chana Zor Garam, Mutton Korma, Shammi Kabab, Shahjahani Korma, Halwa Papdi, Pista Samosa, Dal Makhni, Butter Chicken, Reshmi Kabab, Murgh Musallam, Kachaalu Chutney, Khasta Papdis, Butter Chicken, Nihari are few of the many varieties of West.
Top tourist places in West:
Places of interest in West:
India Gate and Rajpath, Sansad Bhavan, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Connaught Place, Lodhi Gardens, Sikandar Lodi's tomb, Bara Gumbad, Shisha Gumbad, Purana Quila, Red Fort, Salimgarh Fort, Chandni Chowk, Safdarjung's Tomb, Qutub Minar, Tughlaqabad, Akshardham Temple, Laxminarayan Temple, Cathedral Church of Redemption, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, ISKCON Temple, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, Kalka Ji Mandir, National Museum, National Rail Museum, Jantar Mantar, Nizamuddin Dargah, Raj Ghat, Shanti Vana, National Zoological Park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Wheat, Barley, Bhajra, Maize, Jowar, Paddy, Gram, Potatoes, Sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in West:
- Hotel Aura de Asia, 1/12, West Patel Nagar, Near Metro Station Patel Nagar, Opp. Metro Pillar No. 201, New Delhi, Delhi 110008
- Shanti Palace, 4-A, Opp.Shadipur Metro Station, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110008
- Hotel Western King, Plot No. 19, Meera Enclave, Keshopur Mandi, Near Park Hospital, New Delhi, Delhi 110018
- Hotel Rupam, 9A/35 West Extension Area, Channa Market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
- Hotel Western Queen, 14A/25, W.E.A, Channa Market, Karol bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
- Radisson Blu Plaza, Nh 8, Near Mahipalpur Extension, New Delhi, Delhi 110037
Theatres in West district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|2||The Delhi State Cooperative Bank Limited||7|