Amritsar district Information
Tehsils in Amritsar district:
About Amritsar district:
Amritsar is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 2673 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2490891 living in houses, among them male population is 1322088 and female population is 1168803. Sex ratio of the district is 889 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 76.27%.
Amritsar district vehicle registration code is PB 02. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Amritsar.
Electricity board in Punjab:
- Regulatory Commission - Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (P.S.E.R.C)
- Generating Companies - Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
- Transmission Companies - Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Load upto 50kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.52 per unit, 101 to 300 units = Rs.6.14 per unit, 301 and above units = Rs.6.56 per unit
- Load 50 – 100kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.07/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.53/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.5.9/kVAh
- Load above 100 kW/kVA - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.65/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.6.04/kVAh
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Amritsar district.
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Amritsar.
Top tourist places in Amritsar:
Places of interest in Amritsar:
Akal TakhtPopular, Baba Bakala Gurudwara, Beas Town, Ber Baba BuddhaPopular, Bhangra FestivalPopular, Bibeksar SahibPopular, Central Sikh MuseumPopular, Durgiana TemplePopular, Gandhi Gate, Gobindgarh FortPopular, Golden Temple(Harmandir Sahib)Popular, Guru Ke Mahal, Gurudwara Baba Atal(Baba Atal Rai Tower)Popular, Gurudwara Mata Kaulan, Gurudwara Saragrahi Sahib, Hall Bazaar, Hanuman MandirPopular, Indian Academy of Fine Arts(IAFA), Jallianwala BaghPopular, Jama Masjid, Kaiser Bagh, Khair-ud-Din MasjidPopular, Maharaja Ranjit Singh MuseumPopular, Pul Kanjari, Ram TeerthPopular, Rambagh GardenPopular, Santokhsar Sahib, The Historical Banyan Tree( Shaheedi Bohr), Tomb of Guru Angad Dev Ji, Tomb of Jagdev Kalan and Serai Amanat Khan, Tomb of Shravan, Wagah Border are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Amritsar:
- Hotel PR Residency,101, District Shopping Centre, C - Block, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar, Punjab 143001
- Holiday Inn Amritsar Ranjit Avenue , District Shopping Complex, B - Block, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar, Punjab 143001
- M K Hotel,District Shopping Complex, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar, Punjab 143001
- Hotel Darbar View,Bazar Mai Sewan Near Golden Temple, Amritsar, Punjab 143001
- Hotel Puri Palace,Shivala Rd, Near Hussainpura Chowk, Hasanpura Chowk, Hussainpura, Amritsar, Punjab 143001
- Hotel Hongkong Inn,Opp. Country Inn Hotel, Near Railway Station, Queens Road, Crystal Chowk, Maharaja Ranjit Singh Nagar, Company Bagh, Amritsar, Punjab 143001
- Hotel Prems Paradise,Kesri Bagh, Near Hanuman Mandir, Chowk Phuwara, Amritsar, Punjab 143006
- Hotel Akaal Residency,Sethi Building,Chowk Baba Sahib, Amritsar, Punjab 143001
Theatres in Amritsar district:
- Chanda Theatre - City Centre, Opposite Bus Stand, Amritsar
- Suraj City Centre, Opposite Bus Stand, Amritsar
- Tara Theatre - City Centre, Opposite Bus Stand, Amritsar
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||8|
|5||Bank Of India||17|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||2|
|8||Capital Local Area Bank Limited||2|
|9||Central Bank Of India||25|
|10||City Union Bank Limited||1|
|15||ICICI Bank Limited||23|
|18||Indian Overseas Bank||8|
|20||ING Vysya Bank||4|
|21||Jammu And Kashmir Bank Limited||2|
|22||Karnataka Bank Limited||1|
|23||Karur Vysya Bank||1|
|24||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|25||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||21|
|26||Punjab And Sind Bank||95|
|27||Punjab National Bank||40|
|28||South Indian Bank||1|
|29||Standard Chartered Bank||1|
|30||State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur||1|
|31||State Bank Of Hyderabad||1|
|32||State Bank Of India||59|
|33||State Bank Of Patiala||28|
|34||State Bank Of Travancore||1|
|37||Union Bank Of India||14|
|38||United Bank Of India||1|