Barnala district Information
Tehsils in Barnala district:
About Barnala district:
Barnala is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 1423 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 596294 living in houses, among them male population is 317848 and female population is 278446. Sex ratio of the district is 876 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 67.82%.
Barnala district vehicle registration code is PB 19. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Barnala.
Electricity board in Punjab:
- Regulatory Commission - Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (P.S.E.R.C)
- Generating Companies - Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
- Transmission Companies - Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Load upto 50kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.52 per unit, 101 to 300 units = Rs.6.14 per unit, 301 and above units = Rs.6.56 per unit
- Load 50 – 100kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.07/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.53/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.5.9/kVAh
- Load above 100 kW/kVA - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.65/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.6.04/kVAh
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Barnala district.
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Barnala.
Top tourist places in Barnala:
Places of interest in Barnala:
Sekha, Nanaksar Gurudwara, Geeta Bhavan, radha krishna gaushala, Barnala Quila, Hanuman Mandir are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Barnala:
- Visit Hotel & Restaurant,Near Geeta Bhawan, Pharwahi Bazar, Barnala, Punjab 148101
- Radiant Plaza UNA Smart, Barnala,Radiant plaza, Aastha Enclave, Dhanaula Road, Barnala, Punjab 148101
- HOTEL NATIONAL,Handiaya Chowk, Barnala, Punjab 148101
- Gazal Hotel & Restaurant,near Fly over, KC Rd, Barnala, Punjab 148101
- Chawla Hotel & Restaurant,New Bus Stand Road, Barnala, Punjab 148101
- Hotel Solitare,22 acre, bus stand road, New Bus Stand Rd, Barnala, Punjab 148101
- Sheesh Mahal Hotel & Restaurant,Bye Pass Near Barnala, Jai Vatika Public School, Sanghera Bypass, Barnala, Punjab 148106
- D H Hotel,Barnala, Punjab 148101
Theatres in Barnala district:
- Red Rocks Cinemas - Barnala Bathinda,Road Near T Point, Bathinda
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||Bank Of India||1|
|3||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|4||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||2|
|5||Punjab National Bank||5|
|6||State Bank Of India||4|