Faridkot district Information
Tehsils in Faridkot district:
About Faridkot district:
Faridkot is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 1472 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 618008 living in houses, among them male population is 327121 and female population is 290887. Sex ratio of the district is 890 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 69.55%.
Faridkot district vehicle registration code is PB 04. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Faridkot.
Electricity board in Punjab:
- Regulatory Commission - Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (P.S.E.R.C)
- Generating Companies - Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
- Transmission Companies - Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Load upto 50kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.52 per unit, 101 to 300 units = Rs.6.14 per unit, 301 and above units = Rs.6.56 per unit
- Load 50 – 100kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.07/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.53/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.5.9/kVAh
- Load above 100 kW/kVA - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.65/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.6.04/kVAh
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Faridkot district.
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Faridkot.
Top tourist places in Faridkot:
Places of interest in Faridkot:
Gurudwara Guru ki Dhab, Gurudwara Godari Sahib, Rajasthan and Sirhind Canals, Kotkapura, Raj Mahal, Gurudwara Tilla Baba Farid, Darbar Ganj, Fairy Cottage, Gurudwara Tibbi Sahib, Quilla Mubarak, Gurudwara Godavarisar are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Faridkot:
- Hotel Blessings A Homely Stay,opp GGS Medical College & Hospital, near Bfuhs , G.N. Colony 7, Faridkot, Punjab 151203
- HOTEL TRUMP PLAZA,Kotkapura Rd, near sadar thana, Faridkot, Punjab 151203
- Sangam Hotel, Kotkapura Road, Harindra Nagar, Dogar Basti, Faridkot, Punjab 151203
- Blue Ice,Kotkapura Rd, Harindar Nagar, Faridkot, Punjab 151203
- Shahi Haveli,Farid Enclave, Kotkapura Road, Faridkot, Punjab 151203
Theatres in Faridkot district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|5||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||4|
|10||DCB Bank Limited||1|
|13||ICICI Bank Limited||7|
|16||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|17||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|18||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||5|
|19||Punjab And Sind Bank||27|
|20||Punjab National Bank||1|
|21||State Bank Of India||8|
|22||State Bank Of Patiala||18|
|24||Union Bank Of India||1|