Firozpur district Information
Tehsils/Talukas in Firozpur district:
Firozpur district map:
About Firozpur district:
Firozpur is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 5334 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2026831 living in houses, among them male population is 1070812 and female population is 956019. Sex ratio of the district is 893 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 68.92%.
Firozpur district vehicle registration code is PB 05. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Ferozepur.
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Firozpur district.
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Firozpur.
Top tourist places in Firozpur:
Places of interest in Firozpur:
Indo-Pak Border, Saragarhi Memorial Gurudwara, Jain Mandir, Anglo Sikh War Memorial, National Martyrs Memorial, Pothimala, Barki Memorial, Harike Wildlife Sanctuary, Chak Sarkar Forest, Wildlife Area, Shan-e-Hind, Asafwala Shaheed Samarak are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Firozpur:
- Kingz Hotel Ferozepur, Mall Rd, Model Town, Ferozepur, Punjab 152002
- Hotel Savera,Hotel Savera, Purani Sabji Mandi, Bazar Number 2, Cantonment Area, Ferozepur, Punjab 152001
- Hotel Kaysons,Model Town, Ferozepur, Punjab 152002
- Sood Hotel,Dhobi Mohalla, Ferozepur, Punjab 152002
- Hotel Janak,Adarsh Nagar, Dhawan Colony, Ferozepur, Punjab 152002
- Mittal Guest House,Opposite Town hall,, The Mall Road, Ferozepur, Punjab 152002
- Aliza Hotel,Mall Road, Model Town, Agerfen Chowk, Opp Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Ferozepur, Punjab 152002
- HOTEL MINI MEHAL PVT LTD,Dhobi Mohalla, Ferozepur, Punjab 152002
- Mittal Guest House,Opposite Town Hall, The Mall Road, Ferozepur City, Punjab 152002
Theatres in Firozpur district:
- Silver Bird Cinemas - NH - 95, Moga to Ferozepur Road, Ferozepur
Blocks/Mandals in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||Bank Of India||2|
|2||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|3||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||5|
|4||Punjab National Bank||4|
|5||State Bank Of Patiala||1|