Gurdaspur district Information
Tehsils in Gurdaspur district:
About Gurdaspur district:
Gurdaspur is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 3542 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2299026 living in houses, among them male population is 1212995 and female population is 1086031. Sex ratio of the district is 895 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 79.95%.
Gurdaspur district vehicle registration code is PB 06. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Gurdaspur.
Electricity board in Punjab:
- Regulatory Commission - Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (P.S.E.R.C)
- Generating Companies - Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
- Transmission Companies - Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Load upto 50kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.52 per unit, 101 to 300 units = Rs.6.14 per unit, 301 and above units = Rs.6.56 per unit
- Load 50 – 100kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.07/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.53/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.5.9/kVAh
- Load above 100 kW/kVA - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.65/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.6.04/kVAh
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Gurdaspur district.
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Gurdaspur.
Top tourist places in Gurdaspur:
Places of interest in Gurdaspur:
Thada Sahib or Palki Sahib, Sarji Sahib, Kirtan Asthan, Gurdwara Shri Darbar Sahib, Dera Baba Nanak, Ranjit Sagar Dam, Gurdas Nangal, Mahakaleshwar Temple, Madhopur Headworks, Fish Park, Shahpur Kandi Fort, Achaleshwar Temple, Mukeshwar Temple, Gurudwara Chola Sahib, Sri Namdev Durbar at Ghoman, Kabootri Darwaza, Gurdwara Damdama Sahib in Sri Hargobindpur, Coronation Site of Akbar, Gurdwara Theh Garhi Baba Banda Singh Bahadur, Arjun’s Chulha and Sehdev’s Cave at Shahpur Kandi, Jhulna Mahal, Mosque Aqsa, Takht-I-Akbari are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Gurdaspur:
- Hotel RK Regency,21, Industrial Estate, G.T. Road, Ram Nagar, Punjab 143521
- Punjabiyat, near Amritsar, Village Gunopur, PO- Saidowal Khurd Near Gurudwara Chhota Ghallughara District & Tehsil,, Gurdaspur, Punjab 143528
- Hotel Green,Railway Rd, Indira Colony, Pathankot, Punjab 145001
- The Grand Hotel,Dhangu Rd, Jodhamal Colony, Pathankot, Punjab 145001
- Hotel Unite,Gurdaspur Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Pathankot, Punjab 145001
- Hotel RED ROCK,GT Road,Near ITI, Gurdaspur, Punjab 143521
- Hotel Golden Palm,Near Bye Pass Chowk, Pathankot Road (Near Beant Engg Collage), Gurdaspur, Punjab 143521
- Hotel Venice, Dhangu Rd, Jodhamal Bagh, Pathankot, Punjab 145001
Theatres in Gurdaspur district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||3|
|5||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||2|
|8||Central Bank Of India||10|
|12||ICICI Bank Limited||14|
|15||Indian Overseas Bank||5|
|17||ING Vysya Bank||4|
|18||Jammu And Kashmir Bank Limited||2|
|19||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|20||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||5|
|21||Punjab And Sind Bank||56|
|22||Punjab National Bank||20|
|23||State Bank Of India||33|
|24||State Bank Of Patiala||22|
|27||Union Bank Of India||9|