Hoshiarpur district Information
Tehsils/Talukas in Hoshiarpur district:
Hoshiarpur district map:
About Hoshiarpur district:
Hoshiarpur is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 3397 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1582793 living in houses, among them male population is 806921 and female population is 775872. Sex ratio of the district is 961 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 84.59%.
Hoshiarpur district vehicle registration code is PB 07. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Hoshiarpur.
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Hoshiarpur district.
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Hoshiarpur.
Top tourist places in Hoshiarpur:
Places of interest in Hoshiarpur:
Takhni-Rehmapur Wildlife Sanctuary, Archaeological Museum, Dholbaha, Dera Santgarh, Gurdwara Garna Sahib, Kamahi Devi, Sheesh Mahal are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Hoshiarpur:
- Hotel Amber Residency, Tanda Chowk, Opposite KDM Hospital, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
- Hotel Maharaja Palace,Sutehri Road, Manavta Nagar, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
- Hotel Presidency,Bus Stand Road, Near Model Town, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
- Hotel Batra Continental,Opp Dushera Ground, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
- Hotel Shiraz Regency ,12 Khanpuri Gate, Model colony, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
- Tara Hotel & Restaurant,Jl Road, Opposite Bus Stand, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
- Hotel Garden Court, Indira Colony, VPO Shergarh, Chandigarh Road, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
- J D Hotel,Phagwara Hoshiarpur Rd, Pur Hiran, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
- Hotel Royal Plaaza,Near J.C.T. Mill Chohal Hoshiarpur-146001, Chintpurni Rd, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
- Hotel Amber,Old Chintpurni Rd, Opp Bus stand, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
- Hotel Bally International,The Mall Road, Ish Nagar, Fatehgarh, Hoshiarpur, Punjab 146001
Theatres in Hoshiarpur district:
Blocks/Mandals in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|4||Bank Of India||6|
|5||Bank Of Maharashtra||2|
|7||Capital Local Area Bank Limited||6|
|8||Central Bank Of India||4|
|12||ICICI Bank Limited||5|
|15||Indian Overseas Bank||7|
|17||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|18||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|19||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||13|
|20||Punjab And Sind Bank||32|
|21||Punjab National Bank||24|
|22||State Bank Of Hyderabad||1|
|23||State Bank Of India||7|
|24||State Bank Of Patiala||7|
|26||Union Bank Of India||2|