Jalandhar district Information
Tehsils in Jalandhar district:
About Jalandhar district:
Jalandhar is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 2625 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2181753 living in houses, among them male population is 1140536 and female population is 1041217. Sex ratio of the district is 915 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 82.48%.
Jalandhar district vehicle registration code is PB 08. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Jalandhar.
Electricity board in Punjab:
- Regulatory Commission - Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (P.S.E.R.C)
- Generating Companies - Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
- Transmission Companies - Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Load upto 50kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.52 per unit, 101 to 300 units = Rs.6.14 per unit, 301 and above units = Rs.6.56 per unit
- Load 50 – 100kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.07/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.53/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.5.9/kVAh
- Load above 100 kW/kVA - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.65/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.6.04/kVAh
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Jalandhar district.
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Jalandhar.
Top tourist places in Jalandhar:
Places of interest in Jalandhar:
Baba Dassa Ji Gurdwara at Salempur Masanda, Baba Sodal Fair, Baisakhi FestivalPopular, Desh-Bhagat Memorial Hall, Devi Talab MandirPopular, Geeta Mandir, Gurdwara Chhevin PadshahiPopular, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Imam Nasir Mausoleum and Jamma Masjid, Jhandian Wale Peer Baba Ji, Kartarpur GurudwaraPopular, Masoleums of Ustad and Shagird, NakodarPopular, Pushpa Gujral Science CityPopular, Serai NurmahalPopular, Shaheed-E-Azam Sardar Bhagat Singh Museum, Khatkar KalanPopular, Shaheedi Jor Mela, ParasrampurPopular, Shiv TemplePopular, Sodal MandirPopular, St Mary's Cathedral Church( Jalandhar Cantt), Tulsi MandirPopular, Wonderland Theme Park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Jalandhar:
- Hotel Sekhon Grand ,G.T. Near G.P.O., Bhagat Namdev Chowk, Jalandhar, Punjab 144001
- The Maya Hotel,EH-178, Opposite District Session Court, Near BMC / Namdhari Shaheed Singh Chowk, G T Road, Civil Lines, Jalandhar, Punjab 144001
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Jalandhar,G.T. Road, Near BSF Chowk, Jalandhar, Punjab 144001
- Hotel President,27, Police Line Road, Opposite Magnum Mall, Jawahar Nagar, Jalandhar, Punjab 144001
- The Regent Park Hotel,Gujral Nagar, Jalandhar, Punjab 144002
- Hotel Residency,Near Bus Stand, Garha Rd, Jawahar Nagar, Jalandhar, Punjab 144001
- Hotel Dolphin,Old GT Road, Near Patel Chowk, Jalandhar, Punjab 144004
- Majestic Grand Hotel,G.T. Road, Paragpur, Jalandhar, Punjab 144001
- Hotel Aveda Kamal Palace,Hno 335, Sessions Rd, Master Tara Singh Nagar, Jalandhar, Punjab 144001
- Hotel Grand Horizon,G.T. Road, Near Bus Stand, Opp. Khalsa College Railway Halt, Jalandhar, Punjab 144006
- Hotel 24x7 Inn Rooms & Restaurant,411-R, Model Town Market Square, Top in Town Complex, Opposite Shivani Sharma Park, Jalandhar, Punjab 144003
- Hotel Sunrise,No . 3, Milap Rd, Central Town, Jalandhar, Punjab 144001
- Hotel Taramount,618-R, Mall Rd, Abadpura, Model Town, Jalandhar, Punjab 144003
Theatres in Jalandhar district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||17|
|5||Bank Of India||2|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||2|
|7||Bharatiya Mahila Bank Limited||1|
|9||Capital Local Area Bank Limited||22|
|10||Catholic Syrian Bank Limited||1|
|11||Central Bank Of India||22|
|13||City Union Bank Limited||1|
|15||DCB Bank Limited||1|
|20||ICICI Bank Limited||20|
|23||Indian Overseas Bank||18|
|25||ING Vysya Bank||4|
|26||Karnataka Bank Limited||1|
|27||Karur Vysya Bank||2|
|28||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||3|
|29||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||18|
|30||Punjab And Sind Bank||51|
|31||Punjab National Bank||45|
|32||South Indian Bank||1|
|33||Standard Chartered Bank||1|
|34||State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur||2|
|35||State Bank Of Hyderabad||1|
|36||State Bank Of India||72|
|37||State Bank Of Patiala||37|
|38||State Bank Of Travancore||1|
|40||The Royal Bank Of Scotland N V||1|
|42||Union Bank Of India||36|
|43||United Bank Of India||2|