Mansa district Information
Tehsils in Mansa district:
About Mansa district:
Mansa is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 2174 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 768808 living in houses, among them male population is 408921 and female population is 359887. Sex ratio of the district is 883 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 61.83%.
Mansa district vehicle registration code is PB 31. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Mansa.
Electricity board in Punjab:
- Regulatory Commission - Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (P.S.E.R.C)
- Generating Companies - Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
- Transmission Companies - Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Load upto 50kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.52 per unit, 101 to 300 units = Rs.6.14 per unit, 301 and above units = Rs.6.56 per unit
- Load 50 – 100kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.07/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.53/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.5.9/kVAh
- Load above 100 kW/kVA - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.65/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.6.04/kVAh
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Mansa district.
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Mansa.
Top tourist places in Mansa:
Places of interest in Mansa:
Samadhi of Bhai Gurdas, Budhlada, Sardulgarh Fort are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Mansa:
- Goyal Hotel,B.R. Ambedkar Nagar, Sadar, Mansa, Punjab 151505
- Hotel 4 Seasons, Near Silver City, Rambthalog Bala Chowk, Mansa, Punjab 151505
- R M Hotel,Mandir Wali Gali, B.R. Ambedkar Nagar, Sadar, Mansa, Punjab 151505
- Mehak Resorts,Near Nehru Memorial Government College, Sirsa- Barnala Highway, Mansa, Punjab 151505
- Celebration Hotel & Restaurant,Sadar, Mansa, Punjab 151505
- Hotel D2M, Mansa, Mansa, SH-13, Mansa Road, Sardulgarh, Sardulgarh, Punjab 152107
Theatres in Mansa district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|5||Bank Of India||1|
|7||Central Bank Of India||1|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|15||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|16||Jammu And Kashmir Bank Limited||1|
|17||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||4|
|18||Punjab And Sind Bank||9|
|19||Punjab National Bank||1|
|20||State Bank Of India||11|
|21||State Bank Of Patiala||19|
|24||Union Bank Of India||1|