Moga district Information
Tehsils in Moga district:
About Moga district:
Moga is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 2235 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 992289 living in houses, among them male population is 524289 and female population is 468000. Sex ratio of the district is 893 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 70.68%.
Moga district vehicle registration code is PB 29. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Moga.
Electricity board in Punjab:
- Regulatory Commission - Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (P.S.E.R.C)
- Generating Companies - Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
- Transmission Companies - Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Load upto 50kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.52 per unit, 101 to 300 units = Rs.6.14 per unit, 301 and above units = Rs.6.56 per unit
- Load 50 – 100kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.07/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.53/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.5.9/kVAh
- Load above 100 kW/kVA - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.65/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.6.04/kVAh
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Moga district.
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Moga.
Top tourist places in Moga:
Places of interest in Moga:
Ajitwal, Geeta Bhawan, Gurudwara Nanaksar Sahib, Gurudwara Gurusar, Gurudwara Lohgarh Sahib, Daroli Bhai Gurudwara, Balmiki Temple, Bharat Mata Mandir are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Moga:
- Hotel Finlandia, Old City Police Road, Moga, Punjab 142001
- Hotel Jaiswal, Hotel Jaiswal, 9- Moga (opp sd girls school), New Town, Moga, Punjab 142001
- Hotel Navdeep,8, Ferozepur Rd, Friends Colony, Moga, Punjab 1420001
- Kingdom Hotel,Near Bughipura Chowk, G.T. Road, Moga, Punjab 142001
- Dev Hotel,Main Bazaar, Krishna Nagar, Moga, Punjab 142001
- Samrat Hotel, Godhe Wala, Rab Nagar, Moga, Punjab 142001
- Hotel Rock Star,Near Kotkatpura Bypass, GT Rd, Kartar Nagar, Moga, Punjab 142001
- Hotel Noor Mahal Moga,Sunny tower,Near M.C Gate,Main Bazar,, Moga, Punjab 142001
Theatres in Moga district:
- Unique Cinema - Near Indian Oil Filling Station, Rajeana
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|5||Bank Of India||3|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||5|
|13||ICICI Bank Limited||9|
|16||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|17||Jammu And Kashmir Bank Limited||1|
|18||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||8|
|19||Punjab And Sind Bank||32|
|20||Punjab National Bank||16|
|21||State Bank Of India||18|
|22||State Bank Of Patiala||13|
|25||Union Bank Of India||2|