Sangrur district Information
Tehsils in Sangrur district:
About Sangrur district:
Sangrur is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 3685 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1654408 living in houses, among them male population is 878628 and female population is 775780. Sex ratio of the district is 885 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 67.99%.
Sangrur district vehicle registration code is PB 13. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Sangrur.
Electricity board in Punjab:
- Regulatory Commission - Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (P.S.E.R.C)
- Generating Companies - Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
- Transmission Companies - Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Load upto 50kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.52 per unit, 101 to 300 units = Rs.6.14 per unit, 301 and above units = Rs.6.56 per unit
- Load 50 – 100kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.07/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.53/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.5.9/kVAh
- Load above 100 kW/kVA - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.65/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.6.04/kVAh
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Sangrur district.
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Sangrur.
Top tourist places in Sangrur:
Places of interest in Sangrur:
Sheesh Mahal, Banasar Garden, Gurdwara Janam Asthan, Gurdwara Akoi Sahib, Gurdwara Nanakiana Sahib, Sita Sar, Gurdwara Jandsar Sahib, Gurdwara Jhira Sahib, Gurdwara Patshahi IX, Wadda Ghallunghara, Gurdwara Patshahi I, Gurudwaras at Sangrur are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Sangrur:
- KT Royal Hotel Sangrur, Nankiana chowk, Patiala Road, Sangrur, Punjab 148001
- Hotel Divine Regency,BHAGAT SINGH CHOWK, MEHLAN ROAD, Sunami Gate, Sangrur, Punjab 148001
- Maharaja Hotel,Dhuri Gate, Sangrur, Punjab 148001
- Red Apple ,Opp Military Station, Patiala Rd, Sangrur, Punjab 148001
Theatres in Sangrur district:
- 3D Miniplex - Bus Stand Road, Malerkotla
- Origin Multiplex - Dhuri Road, Akoi Sahab village, Sangrur
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||4|
|5||Bank Of India||3|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||7|
|10||DCB Bank Limited||1|
|14||ICICI Bank Limited||15|
|17||Indian Overseas Bank||5|
|19||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|20||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||2|
|21||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||6|
|22||Punjab And Sind Bank||39|
|23||Punjab National Bank||9|
|24||State Bank Of India||14|
|25||State Bank Of Patiala||73|
|28||Union Bank Of India||4|
|29||United Bank Of India||1|