Tarn Taran district Information
Tehsils in Tarn Taran district:
About Tarn Taran district:
Tarn Taran is a district in Punjab state, India. The total area of the district is 2414 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1120070 living in houses, among them male population is 590239 and female population is 529831. Sex ratio of the district is 900 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 67.81%.
Tarn Taran district vehicle registration code is PB 46. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Tarn Taran.
Electricity board in Punjab:
- Regulatory Commission - Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (P.S.E.R.C)
- Generating Companies - Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
- Transmission Companies - Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Load upto 50kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.52 per unit, 101 to 300 units = Rs.6.14 per unit, 301 and above units = Rs.6.56 per unit
- Load 50 – 100kW - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.07/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.53/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.5.9/kVAh
- Load above 100 kW/kVA - 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16/kVAh, 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.65/kVAh, 301 and above units = Rs.6.04/kVAh
Important Festivals of the district:
Baba Bakala, Baisakhi, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Birthday, Chhapaar Mela, Dera Baba Nanak, Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib Jor Mela, Gurudwara Manji Sahib Alamgir, Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Gurudwara Thumb Sahib of Maghi,Kartarpur, Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Guru Gobind Singhs Birthday, Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan, Hola Mohalla, Lohri Festival, Ludhiana Jarag Mela, Martyr's Day, Prof. Mohan Singh Mela,Ludhiana, Mukatsar Maghi Fair, Rauza Sharif of Sirhind,Fatehgarh Sahib, Rose Festival in Chandigarh, Kila Raipur Sports Festival, Guru Ram Das Jayanti, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Baba Sodal Mela are the major festivals celebrated in Tarn Taran district.
Tarn Taran Cuisine:
Aloo Amritsari, Jeera Rice, Lobhia, Maharani Dal, Mooli Parantha, Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche, Bhindi Anardana, Palakwali Dal, Kadhi Chawal, Punjabi Kadhi, Rajma, Sarsoon Ka Saag, Subji Pulao, Sukhi Chana Daal, Dhabey Di Dal, Gur Poli, Hariyali Tikki, Karela Masaledar, Lobhia Masala, Rajma Chawal, Karah Prashad, Lassi Patiala, Khoya Matar, Lehsuni, Tikki, Makai Ki Roti, Masala Chop, Achari Mutton, Chicken Kofta In Walnut Gravy, Chicken Makhani, Murg Makkai, Palak Gosht, Patther Kabab, Chicken Methi, Dhabe Da Meat, Lassi, Rice Kheer, Jalebi, Malpua, Rabri, Sewaiyyan, Gulab Jamun, Zarda, Firnee, Gaajar Halwa, Sooji Halwa are few of the many varieties of Tarn Taran.
Top tourist places in Tarn Taran:
Places of interest in Tarn Taran:
Sri Darbar Sahib, Madan Mohan Mandir, St. Thomas Church, Gurudwara Lakeer Sahib, Gurdwara Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji, Baba Bidhi Chand, Khadoor Sahib, Nishan-E-Sikkhi, Shri Baoli Sahib, Chola Sahib, Baba Budha Sahib ji, Gurdwara Thara Sahib, GURUDWARA SHRI JHULANE MAHAL SAHIB, Gurudwara Baba Garja Singh Baba Bota Singh, Harike, Harike Bird Sanctuary, Gurdwara Sahib Bhagat Jallan ji, Baba Sheikh Braham, Sarai Amanat Khan, Patti, Patti Killa, Battle of Sobraon, Battle of Asal Uttar, Jati Umra, Kos Minars, Shivala Mandir, Jain Temple, District Rural Development, Sports Stadium, Guru Nank Dev Hospital are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley, wheat, rice, maize, sugarcane, bajra and jowar. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in Tarn Taran:
- Hotel Sun Star,Near Amritsar Bypass Road, Tarn Taran, Punjab 143401
- Hotel Teg Royal,Amritsar - Tarn Taran Road, Amritsar, Punjab 143006
- Seven Star Bar & Restaurant,Near Police Line, Amritsar Road, Tarn Taran, Amritsar, Punjab 143401
- Hotel MJ Royal,Plot no 2, O/s Murabe wali gali,, Tarn Taran Road, Amritsar, Punjab 143001
Theatres in Tarn Taran district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|3||Bank Of India||1|
|4||ING Vysya Bank||2|
|5||Union Bank Of India||3|