West Tripura district Information
C.D.Blocks in West Tripura district:
About West Tripura district:
West Tripura is a district in Tripura state, India. The total area of the district is 942.55 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1724619 living in houses, among them male population is 877930 and female population is 846689. Sex ratio of the district is 972 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 91.69%.
West Tripura district vehicle registration code is TR 01. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Agartala.
Electricity board in Tripura:
- Tripura State Electricity Corporation Ltd.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Single Phase Supply (less than 3 kW Connected load) - 1 to 50 units = Rs.4.84 per unit, 51 to 150 units = Rs.5.98 per unit, 151 to 300 units = Rs.6.16 per unit, 301 and above units = Rs.7.20 per unit
- Three Phase Supply (more than 3 kW Connected load) - 1 and above units = Rs.7.2 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Ashokastami, Boat Race-Tripura, Diwali, Durga Puja, Garia Puja, Kharchi Puja, Orange and tourism festival, Pous Sankranti Mela are the major festivals celebrated in West Tripura district.
West Tripura Cuisine:
Muya Awandru, Kosoi Bwtwi, Muya bai Wahan, Gudok, Wahan, Mosdeng serma, Tomato Oambal, Kothalor Chakoi, Panch Phoron Tarkari, Berma, Chauk are few of the many varieties of West Tripura.
Top tourist places in West Tripura:
Places of interest in West Tripura:
Baramura Eco ParkPopular, Bhubaneswari Temple, Buddha Temple, Benuban ViharPopular, Chaturdash Debta Temple, Chittangong Hills, Chowda Devta Temple, Debtamura, Dumboor Lake, Gedu Mia's Maszid, Heritage ParkPopular, ISKCON, Math Chowmuhani, Jagannath TemplePopular, Jampui HillPopular, Kalibari Temple, Kamala Sagar Lake, Kamalasagar (Kashaba) Kali TemplePopular, Khumlwng Eco Park, Kunjaban Palace(Pushbanta Palace)Popular, Laxmi Narayan TemplePopular, Mahamuni PagodaPopular, Malancha Niwas, Mariyam Nagar Church, Nazrul Kalashetra, NeermahalPopular, Nehru ParkPopular, Pilak, Puratan Agartala, Purbasa, Rabindra KananPopular, Ram Thakur's Ashram, Ramkrishna Mission, Sepahijala Wildlife SanctuaryPopular, Sri Sri Radha Govind Mandir, Sukanta Academy, Tripura State Museum, Tripura Sundari TemplePopular, Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary, Ujjayanta PalacePopular, Umamaheswar Temple, Unakoti are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Wheat, Maize, Pulses, Sugar Cane, Cotton, Jute, Mesta, Oil seeds, Potato, Turmeric, Coconut, Pineapples, Jackfruits, Mandarin oranges, Mango, Cashewnut are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Hotels in West Tripura:
- Ginger Hotel,Khejur Bagan, Airport Road, Opposite Industrial Office, Agartala, Tripura 799006
- Hotel Sonar Tori,Near Fire Brigade Chowmuhoni, Ronaldsay Road, Agartala, Tripura 799001
- Hotel Radha International,54 ,Central Road, Agartala, Tripura 799001
- Royal Guest House (Hotel),Palace Compound (West), Agartala, Palace Compound, Agartala, Tripura 799001
- Hotel Mars, VIP Rd, Radha Nagar, Agartala, Tripura 799005
- Hotel Somraj Regency,2nd Floor, H.G.B. Road, Swasti Bazar,, Agartala, Tripura 799001
- Hotel Palace Inn,Palace Compound, Indranagar, Agartala, Tripura 799001
- Hotel Anjana,Dhaleswar, Agartala, Tripura 799001
Theatres in West Tripura district:
C.D.Block in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Bank Of India||4|
|5||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|6||Bharatiya Mahila Bank Limited||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||4|
|13||ICICI Bank Limited||5|
|15||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|17||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|18||Punjab And Sind Bank||2|
|19||South Indian Bank||1|
|20||State Bank Of India||35|
|22||Union Bank Of India||3|
|23||United Bank Of India||33|