Golaghat district Information
Sub-Divisions in Golaghat district:
About Golaghat district:
Golaghat is a district in Assam state, India. The total area of the district is 3,502 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1058674 living in houses, among them male population is 539949 and female population is 518725. Sex ratio of the district is 964 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 77.43%.
Golaghat district vehicle registration code is AS 05. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Golaghat.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- for connected load up to 5 KW - 1 to 120 units = Rs.4.95 per unit, 121 to 240 units = Rs.6.25 per unit, 241 and above units = Rs.7.25 per Unit
- for connected load more than 5 KW - 1 and above units = Rs.7.53 per unnit
Important Festivals of the district:
Bihu, Durga Puja, Eid ul-Fitr, Bwisagu, Bushu, Me-Dam-Me-Phi, Ali-Aye-Ligang, Rongker, Kherai, Garja, Awnkham Gwrlwi Janai, Chojun/Swarak, Sokk-erroi, Hacha-kekan, Hapsa Hatarnai, Porag, Bathow, Wangala are the major festivals celebrated in Golaghat district.
Apo (drink), Bora saul, Garcinia pedunculata, Jolpan, Khardwi, Ouu khatta, Paederia foetida, Panta bhat, Pitha, Posola, Sulai are few of the many varieties of Golaghat.
Top tourist places in Golaghat:
Places of interest in Golaghat:
Kaziranga National Park, Garampani, Neghereting Shiva Mandir, Deopahar Ruins, Kali Mandir, Hulukanda Pahar, Hari Sabha Mandir, Durga Mandir, Digamber Jain Mandir, Mokokchung, Wokha, Deopahar Ruins, Negheriting Shiv Mandir, Yupia, Nambor Wildlife Sanctuary are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Assam Tea, rice, rapeseed, mustard seed, jute, potato, sweet potato, banana, papaya, areca nut, sugarcane and turmeric are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Golaghat district:
- Kamarbandha Ali
- Barua Bamungaon
Insurance Companies in Golaghat:
- National India Insurance Co Ltd ,Golaghat, Bhoga Gaon, Assam 785621
- LIC Golaghat ,Dhodar Ali Rd, Golaghat, Assam 785621
Lawyers (Advocates) in Golaghat:
- Cl Agarwal ,37/2, Tinali Road, Golaghat - 785621, Near Golaghat Bar Association Building
- Pradip Sarmah ,Kushal Path, New Amolapatty, Golaghat - 785621, Near Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
- Papinder Singh ,Amolapatty, Gf Road, Golaghat - 785621, Near Hotel Rajdeep
Blood banks in Golaghat:
- K.K. Civil Hospital Blood Bank ,Golaghat
Trading companies in Golaghat:
- MEHTA EQUITIES LTD ,Opp. Bokakhat, H.S.School,N.H.37, P.o.P.S.BokakhatDistrict:Golaghat,ASPostcode:785612
Hotels in Golaghat:
- Hotel Bhograj, Golaghat, Assam 785702
- Kaziranga Resort, Golaghat, Assam 785621
- Hotel Kaziranga Continental, Opp. ASTC Bus Stand,, Bokakhat, Assam 785612
- INDRANI GUEST HOUSE , Dhodar Ali Rd, Golaghat, Assam 785702
- Bonhabi Resort , No. 1, Kohora Gaon, Dist: Golaghat, Bogorijuri Kaziranga National Park, Bogorijuri, Assam 785109
- Nambor Guest House , Station Rd, Golaghat, Assam 785621
Theatres in Golaghat district:
Sub-Division in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||2|
|8||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|13||Punjab National Bank||1|
|14||State Bank Of India||10|
|16||Union Bank Of India||1|
|17||United Bank Of India||10|