Karimganj district Information
Sub-Divisions in Karimganj district:
About Karimganj district:
Karimganj is a district in Assam state, India. The total area of the district is 1,809 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1217002 living in houses, among them male population is 620722 and female population is 596280. Sex ratio of the district is 963 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 78.22%.
Karimganj district vehicle registration code is AS 10. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Karimganj.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- for connected load up to 5 KW - 1 to 120 units = Rs.4.95 per unit, 121 to 240 units = Rs.6.25 per unit, 241 and above units = Rs.7.25 per Unit
- for connected load more than 5 KW - 1 and above units = Rs.7.53 per unnit
Important Festivals of the district:
Bihu, Durga Puja, Eid ul-Fitr, Bwisagu, Bushu, Me-Dam-Me-Phi, Ali-Aye-Ligang, Rongker, Kherai, Garja, Awnkham Gwrlwi Janai, Chojun/Swarak, Sokk-erroi, Hacha-kekan, Hapsa Hatarnai, Porag, Bathow, Wangala are the major festivals celebrated in Karimganj district.
Apo (drink), Bora saul, Garcinia pedunculata, Jolpan, Khardwi, Ouu khatta, Paederia foetida, Panta bhat, Pitha, Posola, Sulai are few of the many varieties of Karimganj.
Top tourist places in Karimganj:
Places of interest in Karimganj:
Malegarh Crematorium of Sepoy Mutini Soldiers, Akbarpur – Agriculture Research Centre, Suterkandi-Indo-Bangladesh Border (International Trade center), Badarpurghat-Historical fort, Panchgram-Cacher Paper mill, Eolabari Karimganj-Tea Estate, Khashpur – Palace of Kachari Rajas, are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Assam Tea, rice, rapeseed, mustard seed, jute, potato, sweet potato, banana, papaya, areca nut, sugarcane and turmeric are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Karimganj district:
- Badarpur Junction
- Badurpur Ghat
- Chandkhira Bagn
- Karimganj Junction
- Baraigram Junction
Insurance Companies in Karimganj:
- LIC Of India , ATC Karimganj, Karimganj - 788710
- Reliance Life Insurance Company Ltd , Kalyan Store, 1st Flr, Madan Mohan Rd, KARIMGANJ - 788710
- Reliance Life Insurance Co Ltd ,1st Floor, Above National Shoe Stores, Near Ganga Bhandar, Station Road, Po & Dist, Karimganj Bazar, Karimganj - 788711
- Birla Sun Life Insurance ,No.73/74, 2nd Floor, Main Road, Karimganj - 788710, Opposite To Shambhu Sagar Park
- Tata Aia Life Insurance Co. Ltd ,Gr Floor, Tarunima, Main Road, Karimganj, Karimganj - 788710
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited ,First Floor, Block-C Building, Gopaljee Super Market Complex, Bridge Road, Karimganj - 788710, Near Ward No 19
Lawyers (Advocates) in Karimganj:
- Durgadas Sharma ,180, Rk Mission Rd, Badarpur, Karimganj - 788806, Near SBI Bank
- Shri Rajarshi DAS ,8, Nilmani Rd, Badarpur, Karimganj - 788806
- Shri Ajay Kumar DAS ,86, Longai Rd, Badarpur, Karimganj - 788806
- Shri Ravindra Kumar Bakharshah Rd, Malipara, Badarpur, Karimganj - 788806
- Bidhan Bhattacharjee ,74, Ukilpatty, Badarpur, Karimganj - 788806, Near Axix Bank
- Shri Mukundalal Koiri , Shree Pally, Longai Rd, Badarpur, Karimganj - 788806
Blood banks in Karimganj:
- Karimganj Civil Hospital Blood Bank ,Karimganj
Trading companies in Karimganj:
- ICICIDirect ,LOKNATH SARANI, L C ROAD,KARIMGANJDistrict:Karimganj,ASPostcode:788710
- PRL STOCK and SHARE BROKERS PVT. LTD ,EAST MARKETKARIMGANJ ASSAMDistrict:Karimganj,ASPostcode:788711
- ICICIDirect ,Loknath Sarani, L C Road, KARIMGANJ District:Karimganj,ASPostcode:788710
Hotels in Karimganj:
- Hotel Nakshatra,Silchar Road, Karimganj, Assam 788710
- Ahar Hotel And Aheli Restaurant , Shiv Bari Rd, Karimganj, Assam 788710
Theatres in Karimganj district:
- Gold Cinema (NH 151) - National Highway 151, Old Station Road, Karimganj
Sub-Division in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of India||1|
|5||Central Bank Of India||4|
|7||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|9||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|10||Punjab National Bank||2|
|11||State Bank Of India||8|
|13||Union Bank Of India||1|
|14||United Bank Of India||15|