Chamba district Information
Tehsils in Chamba district:
About Chamba district:
Chamba is a district in Himachal Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 6,528 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 518844 living in houses, among them male population is 260848 and female population is 257996. Sex ratio of the district is 986 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 72.17%.
Chamba district vehicle registration code is HP 48. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Chamba.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 125 units = Rs.1.50 per unit
- 126 to 300 units = Rs.2.90 per unit
- 301 and above units = 4.35 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Pori, Holi, Dussehra, Baisakhi, Halda, Lossar, Lohri, Phulaich, Diwali and International Himalayan Festival are the major festivals celebrated in Chamba district.
Chha Meat, Bathu Ki Khir, Sepu Badi, Khatta Kaddu, Channa Madra, Chicken Anardana, Mal Puda, Siddu Ghee, Kachalu Ka Salan, Ghandyali Ka Kkatta, Dham, Mittha, Sidu, Babru, Chana Madra, Auriya Kaddoo, Chha Gosht, Mash Daal, Patande, Kullu Trout, Akotri, Tudkiya Bhath, Bhey are few of the many varieties of Chamba.
Top tourist places in Chamba:
Places of interest in Chamba:
Khajjiar Lake, Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary, Chamunda Devi Temple, Laxmi Narayan Temple, Chamera Dam, Bhuri Singh Museum, Manimahesh Lake, Khalatop Wildlife Sanctuary, Khajji Naga Shrine, Kailash View, Bhalei Mata Temple, Upper Bakrota, Chamba Central Park, Khajji Nag Temple, Vajreshwari Temple, Chattradi Temple, Bansi Gopal Temple, Akhand Chandi Palace, Panch Pandav Tree, Hariraya Temple, Sui Mata Temple, Chobia Pass, Tundah Widlife Sanctuary, Sui Mata Temple, Gauri Shankar Temple, Hari Rai Temple, Church of Scotland, Banni Mata Temple, Katasan Devi Temple, Dayanand Math, Champavati Temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
wheat, maize, rice and barley are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Chamba district:
Insurance Companies in Chamba:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Chamba:
Blood banks in Chamba:
- District Hospital ,Chamba
- R.H. Chamba ,R.H. Chamba
Trading companies in Chamba:
Hotels in Chamba:
- Hotel Aroma Palace,Near Pink Palace, Court Lane, Chamba, Himachal Pradesh 176310
- Hotel Mini Swiss,Chamba District, Khajjiar, Himachal Pradesh 176304
- Hotel Ashiana Regency,upper jhulakhari,near rama petrol pump, Chamba, Himachal Pradesh 176310
- Hotel City Heart,Near Champavati Temple Opposite Chowgan, Chowgan, Chamba, Himachal Pradesh 176310
- Shining Star Resort,Khajjiar, Near Dalhousie District, Chamba, Himachal Pradesh 176314
- Sagrika Resort Dalhousie,The Mall, Court Road, Subhash Chowk, Near Punjab National Bank, Chamba District, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304
- Hotel Monal,Garam Sarak, The Mall Road, Chamba District, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304
- Mohan Palace,Gandhi Chowk, Khajjiar Road, District Chamba, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304
- Classic Hill Top,Mussoorie Rd, Sultanpur, Chamba, Uttarakhand 249145
- Iravati Hotel, Mohalla Sapri, Chamba, Himachal Pradesh 176310
- Hotel New Palace, Subhash Chowk, District Chamba, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304
Theatres in Chamba district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||Bank Of India||1|
|3||Central Bank Of India||1|
|5||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|6||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|7||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|8||State Bank Of India||17|
|9||State Bank Of Patiala||2|
|11||Union Bank Of India||1|