Shupiyan district Information
Tehsils in Shupiyan district:
About Shupiyan district:
Shupiyan is a district in Jammu and Kashmir state, India. The total area of the district is sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 265960 living in houses, among them male population is 136302 and female population is 129658. Sex ratio of the district is 951 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 60.76%.
Shupiyan district vehicle registration code is JK 22. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Shopian.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1to 100 units = Rs.1.54 per unit
- 101 to 200 units = Rs.2.00 per unit
- 201 to 400 units = Rs.3.00 per unit
- 401 and above units = Rs.3.20 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Lohri, Baisakhi, Navaratri, ramnavami, Maha Shivaratri, Diwali, Chaitre Chaudash , Basant Panchami and Ramzan are the major festivals celebrated in Shupiyan district.
Rogan Josh, Yakhni, Dum Olav, Matschgand, Kashmiri Muji Gaad, Aab Gosht, Goshtaba, Modur Pulav, Lyodur Tschaman, Momos, Thukpa, Skyu, Khambir, Paba and Tangdur, Thenthuk, Morel, Palov, Madra, Oria, Maani, Khameera, Katha Meat, Shasha, Kasrod, Timru-di-Chatni,Shiri Pulav, Mitha Bhat are few of the many varieties of Shupiyan.
Top tourist places in Shupiyan:
Places of interest in Shupiyan:
Ahrabal Waterfall , Mughal Road , Herpora , Herpora are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, maize, wheat, pulses, fodder, oil seeds, potato and barley are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Shupiyan district:
Insurance Companies in Shupiyan:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Shupiyan:
Blood banks in Shupiyan:
- District Hospital ,Shopian
Trading companies in Shupiyan:
Hotels in Shupiyan:
- Le ROI Jammu, Multi-Functional Complex, Jammu Tawi Railway Station | Jammu Tawi Railway Station, Jammu City 180001
- Jehlum Resort, Opp. Bahu Plaza | Ext Gandhi Nagar Jammu, Jammu City 180003
- Gupta Resorts, Narwal Byepass Chowk, Jammu City 180006
- Hotel Asia Jammu Tawi, Nehru Market | Jammu Tawi, Jammu City 180004
- Royal Khazir Boutique, Agriculture University Road Shalimar, Srinagar 191121
- Hotel Jammu Ashok, Opposite Amar Mahal | P B No-60, Jammu City 180001
Theatres in Shupiyan district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|