Chamarajanagar district Information
Talukas in Chamarajanagar district:
About Chamarajanagar district:
Chamarajanagar is a district in Karnataka state, India. The total area of the district is 5,102 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1020962 living in houses, among them male population is 513359 and female population is 507603. Sex ratio of the district is 993 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 61.43%.
Chamarajanagar district vehicle registration code is KA 10. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Chamarajanagar.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 30 units = Rs.3.0 per unit
- 31 to 100 units = Rs.4.40 per unit
- 101 to 200 units = Rs.5.90 per unit
- 201 and above units = Rs.6.90 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Yugadi, Dussehra, Makara Snakranthi, Karaga, Hampi Festival, Hoysala Mahotsava, Vairamudi, Tula Sankramana, Diwali, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharrum, Eid-ul-Fitr are the major festivals celebrated in Chamarajanagar district.
Ajethna, Akki rotti, Basundi, Benne dose, Bisi Bele Bath, Bombay rava, Bonda, Byadagi chilli, Chapati, Chiroti, Chitranna, Churmuri, Dalithoy, Dharwad pedha, Dosa, Enne gai, Jhunka, Jolada rotti, Karadantu, Kori rotti, Kosambari, Maddur vada, Mangalore bajji, Mangalorean Bangude Masala, Mitra Samaja, Mysore pak, Narsobawadi Basundi, Neer dosa, Oondees, Papadum, Ragi mudde, Ragi rotti, Rasam, Rava dosa, Rava idli, Surnoli, Thumbuli, Upma, Upsaaru, Uttapam, Vada are few of the many varieties of Chamarajanagar.
Top tourist places in Chamarajanagar:
Places of interest in Chamarajanagar:
Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta, Biligiri Ranganath Hills, Bara Chukki, Dzogchen Monastery, Kanakagiri Hill, Dargah of Peer Hazarath Sayyaduna Hazarath Murdana Gayib are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Ragi, Jowar, Maize, Pulses, Oilseeds, Cashews, coconut, arecanut, cardamom, chillies, cotton, sugarcane and tobacco are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Chamarajanagar district:
Insurance Companies in Chamarajanagar:
- Exide Life Insurance Company Limited ,Apex Complex, 1st Floor Deviation Road, Bhuvaneshwari Circle,Near Main Bus Stand, Chamarajanagar, Karnataka 571440
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited ,-133, 3rd Floor, Shika Towers, Ramavillas Road,, Mysuru, Karnataka 570024
Lawyers (Advocates) in Chamarajanagar:
- Sri Balasubramanyam K Advocate ,Car Street Venkatesh Nivas, Chamarajanagara, Chamarajanagar - 571313, Chamarajanagar, 571313
- DR Nagarjuna R S C/O R V Subramanyam Advocate ,21/41, Suravi Nilaya Near Keb Qtrs 2nd Cross Bramarambha Extn, Chamarajanagara, Ramasamudra Road Chamarjanagar, Chamarajanagar - 571313
- Sri Guruswamy C S/O Channabasappa K Advocate , Karinanjanapura Nataraja, Nilaya, Chamarajanagara, Chamarajanagar - 571313, Chamarajanagar, 571313
Blood banks in Chamarajanagar:
- District Hospital Blood Bank ,Chamarajanagar
Trading companies in Chamarajanagar:
Hotels in Chamarajanagar:
- MC Resort,Bangalore-Ooty Road, Melukamanahally, Chamarajnagar District, Near Bandipur National Park, Gundlupet, Karnataka 571126
- K Gudi Wilderness Camp,BR Hills Road, State Highway 80, Chamarajanagar, Karnataka 571127
- Gorukana ,Biligiri Rangan Hills, Opp. Yerakanagadde Colony, Chamarajnagar, Karnataka 571441
- Hotel The President , 2723, Near Hardinge Circle, Bangalore-Nilgiri Road, Mysuru, Karnataka 570001
Theatres in Chamarajanagar district:
- Sri Veerabhadreshwara Touring Talkies - Ramapuram Ghat, Ramapura
- Abilash Theatre - Near Bus Stand, Gowribindur Basaveshwara Theatre - Chamarajanagara-BR Hills Road, Siddhartha Nagar, Chamarajanagar 571313
- Siddhartha Theater - Dindigul-Bangalore Road, National Highway 209, Chamarajanagar
- Simha Theatre - Nanjangudu-Chamarajanagara Road, Near Chamarajanagar Railway Station
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|3||Bank Of India||2|
|4||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||1|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|12||Indian Overseas Bank||5|
|13||ING Vysya Bank||3|
|14||Karnataka Bank Limited||1|
|15||State Bank Of India||1|
|16||State Bank Of Mysore||31|
|18||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited||1|
|20||Union Bank Of India||2|