Kodagu district Information
Talukas in Kodagu district:
About Kodagu district:
Kodagu is a district in Karnataka state, India. The total area of the district is 4,102 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 554762 living in houses, among them male population is 274725 and female population is 280037. Sex ratio of the district is 1019 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 82.61%.
Kodagu district vehicle registration code is KA 12. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Madikeri.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 30 units = Rs.3.0 per unit
- 31 to 100 units = Rs.4.40 per unit
- 101 to 200 units = Rs.5.90 per unit
- 201 and above units = Rs.6.90 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Yugadi, Dussehra, Makara Snakranthi, Karaga, Hampi Festival, Hoysala Mahotsava, Vairamudi, Tula Sankramana, Diwali, Eid-ul-Adha, Muharrum, Eid-ul-Fitr are the major festivals celebrated in Kodagu district.
Ajethna, Akki rotti, Basundi, Benne dose, Bisi Bele Bath, Bombay rava, Bonda, Byadagi chilli, Chapati, Chiroti, Chitranna, Churmuri, Dalithoy, Dharwad pedha, Dosa, Enne gai, Jhunka, Jolada rotti, Karadantu, Kori rotti, Kosambari, Maddur vada, Mangalore bajji, Mangalorean Bangude Masala, Mitra Samaja, Mysore pak, Narsobawadi Basundi, Neer dosa, Oondees, Papadum, Ragi mudde, Ragi rotti, Rasam, Rava dosa, Rava idli, Surnoli, Thumbuli, Upma, Upsaaru, Uttapam, Vada are few of the many varieties of Kodagu.
Top tourist places in Kodagu:
Places of interest in Kodagu:
Namdroling Monastery, Talakave, Dubare Elephant Camp, Abbey Falls, Golden Temple, Raja's Seat, Cauvery River, Omkareshwara Temple, Sri Bhagandeshwara Temple, Tadiandamol Peak, Chelavara Falls, Thadiyandamol Hills, Brahmagiri Hill, Igguthappa Temple, Other Outdoor Activities (3), Kotebetta, Nalknad Palace, Harangi Backwaters, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, Madikeri Fort, Honnamana Kere Lake, Harangi Dam, The Vintage Cars Collection, Sera Jey Monastery Raja's Tomb, Chelavara Falls, Nagarhole National Park, Nisargadhama Forest, Chiklihole Reservoir are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Ragi, Jowar, Maize, Pulses, Oilseeds, Cashews, coconut, arecanut, cardamom, chillies, cotton, sugarcane and tobacco are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Kodagu district:
Insurance Companies in Kodagu:
- ICICI Providential Life Insurance Company Ltd , 11/28, Laxmi Complex, College Road, College Road, Opposite State Bank Of India, College Road, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201
- The New India Assurance Co ,MERCARA BRANCH(672402),Ist Floor, Sri Lakshmi Complex, Near SBI, College Road, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201
- National Insurance , Manna Building, 1st Floor, Main Road, Virajpet Dist., Kodagu, Karnataka 571218
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited ,KVR Tower, South Bazar, Talap, Kannur, Kerala 670002
- United India Insurance ,Thalassery - Coorg Hwy, Chonadam, Thalassery, Kerala 670101
Lawyers (Advocates) in Kodagu:
Blood banks in Kodagu:
Trading companies in Kodagu:
- India Infoline (IIFL) ,Kande Rao Complex,ShanivarasantheDistrict:Kodagu,KAPostcode:571235
Hotels in Kodagu:
- Heritage Resort Coorg,50/3, 1st Monnangeri Village, Madikeri, Kodagu District, Galibeedu, Karnataka 571201
- Vivanta,1st Monnageri, Galibeedu Post, Madikeri, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201
- Kadkani Riverside Resort, Coorg,Hachinad, Pachat, Ammathi Kodagu, Coorg, Karnataka 571211
- Hotel Mayura Valley View,Near Raja's Seat, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201
- Hotel Chitra, School Road, Near Private Bustand, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201
- Hilltown Hotel,Hilltown Road, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201
- Dubare Elephant Camp,Nanjarajapatna Post, Kushalanagar, Somwarpet Taluk, Coorg District, Hobli, Karnataka 571234
Theatres in Kodagu district:
- Yashasvi Theatre - Shanivarsanthe, Somwarpet
- Deepa Sri Talkies - Hasanadahalli Road, Masthi
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|3||Bank Of India||2|
|4||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||3|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|13||Indian Overseas Bank||3|
|14||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|15||Karnataka Bank Limited||7|
|16||State Bank Of India||2|
|17||State Bank Of Mysore||2|