Idukki district Information
Talukas in Idukki district:
About Idukki district:
Idukki is a district in Kerala state, India. The total area of the district is 4,479 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1107453 living in houses, among them male population is 551944 and female population is 555509. Sex ratio of the district is 1006 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 91.99%.
Idukki district vehicle registration code is KL 06. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Idukki.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Consumption less than 250 Units - 1 to 50 units = Rs.2.80 per unit, 51 to 100 units = Rs.3.20 per unit, 101 to 150 units = Rs.4.20 per unit, 151 to 200 units = Rs.5.80 per unit, 201 to 250 units = Rs.7.0 per unit
- For Monthly units between 250 and 300(all units) - 1 to 300 units = Rs.5.0 per unit
- For Monthly units between 300 and 350(all units) - 1 to 350 units = Rs.5.70 per unit
- For Monthly units between 350 and 400(all units) - 1 to 400 units = Rs.6.10 per unit
- For Monthly units between 400 and 500(all units) - 1 to 500 units = Rs.6.70 per unit
- For Monthly units above 500(all units) - 1 and above units = Rs.7.50 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Onam, Vishu, Navaratri, Deepavali, Maha Shivaratri, Christmas, Easter, Milad Sherif, Ramadan, Bakrid, Thiruvathira, are the major festivals celebrated in Idukki district.
Ada, Appam, Avial, Chakkavaratti, Chatti Pathiri, Egg roast, Idiyappam, Injipuli, Kaalan, Kerala pachadi, Kheer, Kichadi, Kinnathappam, Koottukari, Kozhukkatta, Matta rice, Molagoottal, Olan, Paddu, Pathiri, Pesaha Appam, Pidiyum kozhiyum, Puttu, Sadhya, Tapioca chips, Thalassery biryani, Theeyal, Thoran, Unnakai, Unni appam, Vinyali are few of the many varieties of Idukki.
Top tourist places in Idukki:
Places of interest in Idukki:
Idukki Dam, Anayirankal Dam Reservoir, Ramakkal, Kalvari Mount, Meesapulimala, Dreamland Spices Park, Cheruthoni Dam, Cheeyappara Waterfall, Panchalimedu, Valara waterfalls, Hill View Park, Sita Devi Lake, Kurisumala Ashram, Anchuruli Waterfalls, Kalyanathandu Hills, Kulamavu Dam, Ponmudi Dam, Nadukani Pavilion, Thumpachi Calveri Samuchayam, Thomankuthu Falls, Thrissanku Hills, Chathurangapara View Point, Mathikettan Shola National Park, Kurinjimala Wildlife Sanctuary, Sethuparvathipuram Dam are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Coconut, rubber, tea, coffee, pepper, cardamom, areca nut, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, tapioca and Paddy are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Idukki district:
Insurance Companies in Idukki:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Idukki:
Blood banks in Idukki:
- District Hospital Blood Bank ,Pynavu
Trading companies in Idukki:
Hotels in Idukki:
- Munnar Tea Country Resort,Thattathimukku, Chithirapuram, Idukki District, Munnar, Kerala 685565
- Hotel Treetop Thekkady,Kumily Thekkady Road, Idukki District, Periyar, Kerala 685536
- KTDC Tamarind Peermedu,Peermedu, Azhutha, Idukki, Kerala 685539
- WindHaven Resort,Thookkupalam-Ramakkalmedu Road, Idukki District, Ramakkal, Kerala 685552
- Hotel Ambadi Idukki,Ambadi Junction, Thekkady, Idukki, Kerala 685536
- Geminy Tourist Home,Geminy Junction,Thodupuzha, Idukki, Kerala 685584
- The Wind ,Periyakanal - Muttukad Road, Chinakanal, Idukki District, Munnar, Kerala 685565
- Lake Palace (KTDC),Thekkady, Idukki, Kerala 685536
- Spice Grove Hotels & Resorts,No. 1/39K, Thekkady - Munnar Road, Anakkara, Idukki District, Kalladathur,, Kerala 685512
Theatres in Idukki district:
- Aiswarya Theatre - Udumbanchola, Kattappana
- Chandana Cinema - Udumalpet - Munnar road, Maraiyur
- Greenland Cinema - Idukki Colony, Cheruthoni
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|5||Catholic Syrian Bank Limited||4|
|6||Central Bank Of India||4|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|14||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|16||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|17||Kerala Gramin Bank||13|
|18||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|19||South Indian Bank||20|
|20||State Bank Of India||14|
|21||State Bank Of Travancore||32|
|23||Union Bank Of India||28|