Wayanad district Information
Talukas in Wayanad district:
About Wayanad district:
Wayanad is a district in Kerala state, India. The total area of the district is 2,131 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 816558 living in houses, among them male population is 401314 and female population is 415244. Sex ratio of the district is 1035 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 89.03%.
Wayanad district vehicle registration code is KL 12. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Wayanad.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- Consumption less than 250 Units - 1 to 50 units = Rs.2.80 per unit, 51 to 100 units = Rs.3.20 per unit, 101 to 150 units = Rs.4.20 per unit, 151 to 200 units = Rs.5.80 per unit, 201 to 250 units = Rs.7.0 per unit
- For Monthly units between 250 and 300(all units) - 1 to 300 units = Rs.5.0 per unit
- For Monthly units between 300 and 350(all units) - 1 to 350 units = Rs.5.70 per unit
- For Monthly units between 350 and 400(all units) - 1 to 400 units = Rs.6.10 per unit
- For Monthly units between 400 and 500(all units) - 1 to 500 units = Rs.6.70 per unit
- For Monthly units above 500(all units) - 1 and above units = Rs.7.50 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Onam, Vishu, Navaratri, Deepavali, Maha Shivaratri, Christmas, Easter, Milad Sherif, Ramadan, Bakrid, Thiruvathira, are the major festivals celebrated in Wayanad district.
Ada, Appam, Avial, Chakkavaratti, Chatti Pathiri, Egg roast, Idiyappam, Injipuli, Kaalan, Kerala pachadi, Kheer, Kichadi, Kinnathappam, Koottukari, Kozhukkatta, Matta rice, Molagoottal, Olan, Paddu, Pathiri, Pesaha Appam, Pidiyum kozhiyum, Puttu, Sadhya, Tapioca chips, Thalassery biryani, Theeyal, Thoran, Unnakai, Unni appam, Vinyali are few of the many varieties of Wayanad.
Top tourist places in Wayanad:
Places of interest in Wayanad:
Chembra Peak, Banasura Sagar Dam, Thirunelli Temple, Lakkidi View Point, Edakkal Caves, Soochippara Falls (Sentinel Rock Waterfall), Banasura Hill, Edakkal Caves, Pookot Lake, Kuruvadweep, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Kanthanpara Waterfall, Kabini River, Jain Temple Wayanad, Neelimala View Point, Pazhassi Raja Tomb, Papanashini River, Padinjarathara Dam, Pakshipathalam Bird Sanctuary, Chain Tree of Karinthandan, Neelimala Viewpoint, Puliyarmala Jain Temple, Begur Wildlife Sanctuary, Karapuzha Dam, Thrissillery Shiva Temple, Heart Lake, Regional Agricultural Research Station are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Coconut, rubber, tea, coffee, pepper, cardamom, areca nut, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, tapioca and Paddy are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Wayanad district:
Insurance Companies in Wayanad:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Wayanad:
Blood banks in Wayanad:
Trading companies in Wayanad:
Hotels in Wayanad:
- Wayanad Silverwoods,Vythiri -Tharuvana Road, Manjoora P.O, Pozhuthana, Kalpetta, Wayanad, Kerala 673575
- Blue Ginger Spa Resorts,Melapoonchola, Old Vythri, Vythri Post, Wayanad, Kerala 673576
- The Kallat Hotel, SP Office Rd, Civil Station, Madathumpadi, Kalpetta, Kerala 673122
- Vythiri Village Resort,NH-212, Near Vythiri Town, Vythiri P.O, Wayanad, Kerala 673576
- Upavan Resort, Lakkidi, Waynad, Kerala 673676
- Hiliya Resort Wayanad,Near Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad, Kerala 673596
- Petals Resorts Wayanad,10th Mile, Thariode PO, Near St.Jude Church,, Vythiri -Tharuvana Road , email@example.com,, Wayanad, Kerala 673575
- The Woods Resorts,Chethalayam, Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad, Kerala 673592
- Vistara ResortKarapuzha, Kalathuvayal, Ambalavayal, Wayanad, Kerala 673593
Theatres in Wayanad district:
- Blue Moon - Pulpally, Pulpally
- Jaithra Film Exhibitors - Kalpetta, Kalpetta
- Jos Theater - Mananthavady, Mananthavady
- Matha Theatre - Sulthan Bathery, Sulthan Bathery
- Vijaya Talkies - North kalpetta, Kalpetta
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|5||Catholic Syrian Bank Limited||3|
|6||Central Bank Of India||4|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||3|
|13||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|14||Kerala Gramin Bank||30|
|15||North Malabar Gramin Bank||10|
|16||South Indian Bank||7|
|17||State Bank Of India||10|
|18||State Bank Of Travancore||9|
|20||Union Bank Of India||2|