Vidisha district Information
Tehsils in Vidisha district:
About Vidisha district:
Vidisha is a district in Madhya Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 7362 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1458212 living in houses, among them male population is 768799 and female population is 689413. Sex ratio of the district is 965 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 62.7%.
Vidisha district vehicle registration code is MP 40. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Vidisha.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.65 per unit
- 51 to 100 units = Rs.4.35 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.5.60 per unit
- 301 and above units = Rs.6.10 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Khajuraho Festival of Dance, Tansen Music Festival, Shivratri Mela, Pachmarhi, Navratri Festival, Ujjain, Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival, Sanchi, Madai, Dussehra/Vijay Dashmi, Diwali, Bahgoriya, The Fair of Nagaji, Nimar Utsav, Ameer Khan Festival, Dhrupad Samaroh, Malwa Utsava Ujjain and Indore, Shab-I-Barat, Krishna Janamashtmi are the major festivals celebrated in Vidisha district.
Bhutte ki Khees, Poha, Dal Bhafla, Jalebi, Khurma, Shrikhand, Malpua, Kophrapak, Roghan Josh, Korma, Seekh Kebab, Achari Gosht, Shami kebab, Saboodana ( Pearl Sago) Khichdi, Bhopali Paan, Chhola Burger, Garoda Chat, Mawa-bati, Gulab Jamuns are few of the many varieties of Vidisha.
Top tourist places in Vidisha:
Places of interest in Vidisha:
Maladevi Temple, Udayagiri Caves, Khamba Baba/Heliodorus Pillar, Hindola Torana, Sanchi, Bijamandal, Bajramath Temple, Sola-Kambi Temple, Shalbhanjika, Sironj Town, Udayeshwara Temple, Girdhari Temple, Lohangi Pir, Dashavtar Temple, Vidisha District Museum are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, jowar, gram, tur, urad, moong, soybean, groundnut, mustard, cotton and sugarcane are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Vidisha district:
- Ganj Basoda
Insurance Companies in Vidisha:
- National Insurance , MOD Sadan Vidisha, Rajeev Nagar, Durga Nagar, Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh 464001
Lawyers (Advocates) in Vidisha:
- K G Maheswari ,Hospita Road, Vidisha - 464001, Near Pilikothi Railway Station
- Mahendra Singh Raghuvanshi ,Mal Godam Road, Ganj Basoda, Ganjbasoda, Vidisha - 464221
- Ramesh chandra jain ,Vidisha - 464001, Subhas Path
Blood banks in Vidisha:
- District Hospital ,District Hospital
Trading companies in Vidisha:
- ASTHA CREDIT and SECURITIES PVT. LTD. ,MADHAV GANJSUBHAS CHOWK VIDISHADistrict:Vidisha,MPPostcode:464001
- BONANZA PORTFOLIO LTD ,SHOP NO 7BALAJI COMPLEX SAVARKAR BALVIHAR ROADDistrict:Vidisha,MPPostcode:464001
- Anand Rathi ,Laddha Agencies,VidishaDistrict:Vidisha,MPPostcode:464001
- S.P.JAIN SECURITIES PVT.LTD ,SANJEEV SADAN SWANKAR COLONYDistrict:Vidisha,MP
- BONANZA PORTFOLIO LTD ,Shop No.7, Balaji Complex,Sacarkar Bal Vihar Road,District:Vidisha,MPPostcode:464001
Hotels in Vidisha:
- The Pride Hotel,Hospital Road, Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh 464001
- Hotel Suraksha, 2nd Floor,Chitranga Complex,Hospital Road ,Near Railway station, National Highway 86, Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh 464001
- Hotel Moti Shree,Swarnkar Colony, Baripura, Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh 464001
- Arsh Palace, Yuvraj Club Main Road,, Sherpura, Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh 464001
Theatres in Vidisha district:
- Megh Cinema - Tilak Path, Vidisha
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|5||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||6|
|10||DCB Bank Limited||2|
|13||ICICI Bank Limited||4|
|15||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|16||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|17||Punjab National Bank||2|
|18||Ratnakar Bank Limited||1|
|19||State Bank Of India||27|
|22||Union Bank Of India||4|