Chandrapur district Information
Talukas in Chandrapur district:
About Chandrapur district:
Chandrapur is a district in Maharastra state, India. The total area of the district is 11443 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2194262 living in houses, among them male population is 1120316 and female population is 1073946. Sex ratio of the district is 961 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 80.01%.
Chandrapur district vehicle registration code is MH 34. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Chandrapur.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.7.91 per unit
- 301 to 500 units = Rs.10.87 per unit
- 501 to 1000 units = Rs.12.35 per unit
- 1001 and above units = Rs.13.63 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Gudi Padwa, Chaitragaur, Ram Navami, Narali Pournima, Mangala Gaur, Janmashtami, Ganeshotsav, Navaratri, Kojagiri Pournima, Diwali, Khandoba Festival/Champa Shashthi, Makar Sankranti, Shivaratri, Holi are the major festivals celebrated in Chandrapur district.
Anarsa, Basundi, Batata vada, Bhakri, Chikki, Dioscorea alata, Gujia, Jhunka, Kaala masala, Kadboli, Misal Pav, Modak, Narsobawadi Basundi, Patrode, Pav Bhaji, Pithla bhakri, Pudachi Vadi, Poha, Puneri Misal, Puran poli, Ragda pattice, Sabudana Khichadi, Sabudana vada, Shrikhand, Thalipeeth, Thecha, Tilgul, Usal, Vada pav, Varan bhaat, Varanfal are few of the many varieties of Chandrapur.
Top tourist places in Chandrapur:
Places of interest in Chandrapur:
Anandvan Ashram at Warora, Ballalpur Fort, Bhadravati Jain Temple, Chandrapur Fort, Lord Ganesha Temple, Ghora Jhari Lake, Junona Lake, Mahakali Mandir, Manikgarh Fort, Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, Vijasan Hills, Jogapur Maroti Temple and Shankar Deo Temple at Rajura, Shiv Mandir Minghri at Sidewahi, Dabha Kondya Maharaj Yatra at Gondpipri, Balaji Devasthan and Tukdoji Maharaj Gondoda at Chimur, Ramdegi Gondrani Temple at Warora are the major tourist attractions of the district.
rice, jowar, bajra, wheat, tur, mung, urad, gram, pulses, oilseeds. Groundnut, sunflower, soyabean, cotton, sugarcane, turmeric, mango, banana, orange, grape, cashewnut are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Chandrapur district:
- Amdi Halt
- Chanda Fort
- Chikni Road
- Majri Junction
- Kirmiti Mendha
- Nagbhir Junction
- Pandhar Pavani
Insurance Companies in Chandrapur:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Chandrapur:
Blood banks in Chandrapur:
- General Hospital Blood Bank ,General Hospital Blood Bank, Chandrapur
- Ankur Hospital Blood Bank ,Balaji Ward, Chandrapur
Trading companies in Chandrapur:
Hotels in Chandrapur:
- The ND Hotel,Bapat Nagar Square, Nagpur Road, Chandrapur, Maharashtra 442402
- Hotel Blue Paradise,Mul Road, Chandrapur, Maharashtra 442401
- Tristar Hotels,Wadgoan, Near Tristar Cars,, Nagpur Rd, Chandrapur, Maharashtra 442401
- Hotel Palace,Near ST Bus Stand, Mul Road, Chandrapur, Maharashtra 441904
- Mayur Hotel,Kabir Nagar, Cement Nagar, Chandrapur, Maharashtra 442502
- Hotel Siddharth,Tukum, Chandrapur, Maharashtra 442402
Theatres in Chandrapur district:
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||5|
|5||Bank Of India||5|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||27|
|8||Central Bank Of India||3|
|12||ICICI Bank Limited||4|
|15||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|17||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|18||Punjab National Bank||1|
|19||State Bank Of Hyderabad||2|
|20||State Bank Of India||31|
|23||Union Bank Of India||3|