Gondiya district Information
Talukas in Gondiya district:
About Gondiya district:
Gondiya is a district in Maharastra state, India. The total area of the district is 5,431 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1322331 living in houses, among them male population is 662524 and female population is 659807. Sex ratio of the district is 999 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 84.95%.
Gondiya district vehicle registration code is MH 35. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Gondia.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.7.91 per unit
- 301 to 500 units = Rs.10.87 per unit
- 501 to 1000 units = Rs.12.35 per unit
- 1001 and above units = Rs.13.63 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Gudi Padwa, Chaitragaur, Ram Navami, Narali Pournima, Mangala Gaur, Janmashtami, Ganeshotsav, Navaratri, Kojagiri Pournima, Diwali, Khandoba Festival/Champa Shashthi, Makar Sankranti, Shivaratri, Holi are the major festivals celebrated in Gondiya district.
Anarsa, Basundi, Batata vada, Bhakri, Chikki, Dioscorea alata, Gujia, Jhunka, Kaala masala, Kadboli, Misal Pav, Modak, Narsobawadi Basundi, Patrode, Pav Bhaji, Pithla bhakri, Pudachi Vadi, Poha, Puneri Misal, Puran poli, Ragda pattice, Sabudana Khichadi, Sabudana vada, Shrikhand, Thalipeeth, Thecha, Tilgul, Usal, Vada pav, Varan bhaat, Varanfal are few of the many varieties of Gondiya.
Top tourist places in Gondiya:
Places of interest in Gondiya:
Chulbandh Dam, Chakradhar Swami Temple at Dakram Sukdi, Darekasa Caves, Hazara Fall, Itiadoh Dam, Kachargadh, Kamtha, Mando Devi and Suryadeo Temple, Nagzira Wild Life Sanctuary, Navegaon National Park, Nawegaon Lake, Padampur, Shiv Temple at Nagra, Tibetan Camp at Gothangaon, Vainganga River are the major tourist attractions of the district.
rice, jowar, bajra, wheat, tur, mung, urad, gram, pulses, oilseeds. Groundnut, sunflower, soyabean, cotton, sugarcane, turmeric, mango, banana, orange, grape, cashewnut are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Gondiya district:
- Gondia Junction
- Pindkepar Halt
Insurance Companies in Gondiya:
- National Insurance ,Block No 102, Second Floor, Shree Sai Complex, Balaghat Road, Gondia, Nagpur, Maharashtra 441601
- SBI Life Insurance co , Rail Toly, Gondia, Maharashtra 441614
- LIC Office ,Ganesh Nagar, Gondia, Maharashtra 441601
Lawyers (Advocates) in Gondiya:
Blood banks in Gondiya:
- Gov Blood Bank,Bajaj Nagar, Gondia, Maharashtra 441601
- Lokmanya Blood Bank,Bajaj Nagar, Gondia, Maharashtra 441601
Trading companies in Gondiya:
Hotels in Gondiya:
- The Gateway Hotel Gondia,Balaghat Road, Katangi Kala, Gondia, Maharashtra 441614
- Hotel pacific,Rail Toly, Gondia, Maharashtra 441614
- Hotel Harmony,Railway Station Road, Deshbandhu ward, Gondia, Maharashtra 441601
- The Gateway Hotel,Katangi Kala, Balaghat Road,, Gondia, Maharashtra 441614
- The Grand Sita Hotel,Mittal Vihar, Kudwa,Tiroda Road, MH SH 249, Kudwa, Gondia, Maharashtra 441614
- Hotel Sagarika Premier ,State Highway 249, Basant Nagar, Gondia, Maharashtra 441601
- Hotel Rohile Plaza,Khairlanji road Tirora,, Gondia, Maharashtra 441911
- Sri Shivam Hotel,Near Gayatri Mandir, Opposite Venus Computers, Ring Road, Gondia, Maharashtra 441614
Theatres in Gondiya district:
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||Bank Of Baroda||1|