Mumbai Suburban district Information
Talukas in Mumbai Suburban district:
About Mumbai Suburban district:
Mumbai Suburban is a district in Maharastra state, India. The total area of the district is 369 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 9332481 living in houses, among them male population is 5025165 and female population is 4307316. Sex ratio of the district is 860 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 89.91%.
Mumbai Suburban district vehicle registration code is MH 47. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Mumbai (North).
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.7.91 per unit
- 301 to 500 units = Rs.10.87 per unit
- 501 to 1000 units = Rs.12.35 per unit
- 1001 and above units = Rs.13.63 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Gudi Padwa, Chaitragaur, Ram Navami, Narali Pournima, Mangala Gaur, Janmashtami, Ganeshotsav, Navaratri, Kojagiri Pournima, Diwali, Khandoba Festival/Champa Shashthi, Makar Sankranti, Shivaratri, Holi are the major festivals celebrated in Mumbai Suburban district.
Mumbai Suburban Cuisine:
Anarsa, Basundi, Batata vada, Bhakri, Chikki, Dioscorea alata, Gujia, Jhunka, Kaala masala, Kadboli, Misal Pav, Modak, Narsobawadi Basundi, Patrode, Pav Bhaji, Pithla bhakri, Pudachi Vadi, Poha, Puneri Misal, Puran poli, Ragda pattice, Sabudana Khichadi, Sabudana vada, Shrikhand, Thalipeeth, Thecha, Tilgul, Usal, Vada pav, Varan bhaat, Varanfal are few of the many varieties of Mumbai Suburban.
Top tourist places in Mumbai Suburban:
Places of interest in Mumbai Suburban:
Afghan Memorial Church at Colaba area, Aksa Beach, Mini Sabarimala Shree Ayyappa Temple, Babulnath Temple near Marine Drive, Back Bay, Balaji Temple at Nerul, Balodyan Gardens, Banganga, Bombay Castle, Bombay Natural History Museum, Butcher Island, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus(CST) or Victoria Terminus, Chhota Kashmir, Chowpatty Beach, Churchgate, Colaba Causeway, Deccan Odyssey, Elephanta Caves, Essel World, Fashion Street, Film City, Flora Fountain, Ganesh Chaturthi in Mumbai, Gateway of India, Gilbert Hill, Gorai Beach and Creek, Haji Ali Mosque, Hanging Gardens, Hiranandani Garden, Horniman Circle Gardens, Hotel Taj, ISCKON Temple at Juhu, Jain Temple, Jama Masjid, Jehangir Art Gallery, Jogeshwari Caves, Juhu Beach, Kala Ghoda, Kamala Nehru Park, Kanheri Caves, Lokhandwala Complex, Madh Fort, Mahakali Caves, Mahalaxmi Race Course, Mahalaxmi Temple at Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Market(Crawford Market), Mahim Bay, Mahim Causeway, Mahim Creek, Mahim Fort, Mahim Shrine, Makhdoom Ali Mahimi Mosque, Malabar Hill, Mandapeshwar Caves, Mandwa and Kihim Beach, Mani Bhavan(Gandhi Mamorial), Marine Drive, Marve and Manori Beach, Mount Mary's Church at Bandra, Mumbadevi Temple at Bhuleshwar, Mumbai Art Galleries, Mumbai Fort, Nariman Point, Nehru Planetarium, Pherozshah Mehta Gardens, Powai Lake, Prince of Wales Museum(Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya), Rajabai Tower, Rani Jijamata Udyan(Victoria Gardens), Raudat Tajera, Sanjay Gandhi National Park (Borivali National Park), Siddhi Vinayak Temple, Sion Hillock Fort, St. Andrew's Church at Bandra, Swami Narayan Temple, Taraporewala Aquarium, Town Hall(Asiatic Society of Mumbai), Versova Beach, Victoria Albert Museum(Bhau Daji Lad Museum), Walkeshwar Temple, Water Kingdom are the major tourist attractions of the district.
rice, jowar, bajra, wheat, tur, mung, urad, gram, pulses, oilseeds. Groundnut, sunflower, soyabean, cotton, sugarcane, turmeric, mango, banana, orange, grape, cashewnut are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Mumbai Suburban district:
- Gandhi Smrak Rd
- Lokmanyatilak T
- Ghat Kopar
- Santa Cruz
- Ten Talav
- Ville Parle
Insurance Companies in Mumbai Suburban:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Mumbai Suburban:
- Purvi Shah,304/B, Suman Apts, Orlem Tank Road, Malad West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400064
- Ravindra Vishnu Sankpal,No. 3, Janardhan Bhavan, Chimai Pada, Marol Naka, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400069
- Siddhartha Shah & Associates,11- Hamam House, Gr. Flr, Hamam Street, Nxt to BSE, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400023
- Ashok M Saraogi, A-103,104, Veena Nagar, Near Chincholi Fatak, S V Road, Malad West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400064
- Vikrant C. Deshpande,Shop No-3,Cancer Pisces CHS.Ltd.,, Jankalyan Nagar, Kharodi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400095
Blood banks in Mumbai Suburban:
- Suburban Hi-Tech Blood Bank, No. 206, Shagun Building, Rani Sati Marg, Malad East,, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400097
- Manas Blood Bank,1st Floor, Grace Plaza, Swami Vivekanand Rd, Jogeshwari West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400102
- Navjivan Blood Bank And Lab,"Abhilasha II", Shop No.1, Punjabi Lane, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
- Borivali Blood Bank,Ground Floor, Vithal Appartment, S V P Road, Near Ram Mandir, Opposite Flyover, Mandapeshwar Rd, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400103
- Navjivan Blood Bank And Lab, Ground Floor, Prakash Bhuvan, Gokhale Road, Thane, Naupada, Below Allahabad bank, Thane, Maharashtra 400602
- Anviksha Blood Bank,1st Floor, Paras Darshan, M G Road, Above Titan Showroom, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400077
Trading companies in Mumbai Suburban:
Hotels in Mumbai Suburban:
Theatres in Mumbai Suburban district:
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||ING Vysya Bank||19|