Washim district Information
Talukas in Washim district:
About Washim district:
Washim is a district in Maharastra state, India. The total area of the district is 5155 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1196714 living in houses, among them male population is 621228 and female population is 575486. Sex ratio of the district is 930 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 83.25%.
Washim district vehicle registration code is MH 37. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Washim.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 100 units = Rs.4.16 per unit
- 101 to 300 units = Rs.7.91 per unit
- 301 to 500 units = Rs.10.87 per unit
- 501 to 1000 units = Rs.12.35 per unit
- 1001 and above units = Rs.13.63 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Gudi Padwa, Chaitragaur, Ram Navami, Narali Pournima, Mangala Gaur, Janmashtami, Ganeshotsav, Navaratri, Kojagiri Pournima, Diwali, Khandoba Festival/Champa Shashthi, Makar Sankranti, Shivaratri, Holi are the major festivals celebrated in Washim district.
Anarsa, Basundi, Batata vada, Bhakri, Chikki, Dioscorea alata, Gujia, Jhunka, Kaala masala, Kadboli, Misal Pav, Modak, Narsobawadi Basundi, Patrode, Pav Bhaji, Pithla bhakri, Pudachi Vadi, Poha, Puneri Misal, Puran poli, Ragda pattice, Sabudana Khichadi, Sabudana vada, Shrikhand, Thalipeeth, Thecha, Tilgul, Usal, Vada pav, Varan bhaat, Varanfal are few of the many varieties of Washim.
Top tourist places in Washim:
Places of interest in Washim:
Antariksha Parshwanath Jain Mandir, Balaji Talao, Balaji Temple, Chamunda Devi Temple, Padmateerth, Pohara Devi Temple, Shri Nath Nange Maharaj Temple, Shri Nrusimha Saraswati Swami Maharaj(Guru Mandir), Shri Sakharam Maharaj Temple, Venkateshwara Balaji Mandir, Deo Tank, Hemadpanthi Temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
rice, jowar, bajra, wheat, tur, mung, urad, gram, pulses, oilseeds. Groundnut, sunflower, soyabean, cotton, sugarcane, turmeric, mango, banana, orange, grape, cashewnut are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Washim district:
- Aman Vadi
- Kanhargaon Naka
- Kata Road
Insurance Companies in Washim:
- Tax Saving Life Insurance Plans, Infront of shivaji High sachool, main Road Washim, Washim, Maharashtra 444505
- Life Insurance Agent in Washim, Maharashtra,Shukarwar Peth,, Ekta Marg, Washim, Maharashtra 444505
- GPL Marketing (Navin Sharma), Madhav Nagar,, Lonar - Risod - Washim Road, Lakhala, Maharashtra 444505
- Life Insurance Agent in Akola, Maharashtra,Tamsi, Washim, Maharashtra 444505
Lawyers (Advocates) in Washim:
Blood banks in Washim:
- Sau Kantadevi Dale Blood Bank , Maa Ganga Memorial Baheti Hospital, Akola Naka, Washim
Trading companies in Washim:
- Religare ,PLOT NO-92 KATIWESHAT POST WASHIM DIST-WASHIMDistrict:Washim,MHPostcode:444505
- Angel Broking ,NEAR M.C SHOPPING CENTDistrict:Washim,MHPostcode:444505
- Anand Rathi YASHSHREE COMPLEX OPP. PARIJAT CLOTH CENtrEPATNI CHOWKWASHIMDistrict:Washim,MHPostcode:444505
- ANAGRAM CAPITAL LIMITED ,12 MAHAVEER CHOWKNEAR JAIN MANDIR KARANJA (LAD)District:Washim,MHPostcode:444105
- Religare ,Plot No 92, Katiwesh,At Post WashimDistrict:Washim,MHPostcode:444505
Hotels in Washim:
- Hotel Royal Palace washim,SH 204, Washim, Maharashtra 444505
- Hotel Maniprabha,Hingoli Road, Near Bus Stand, Washim, Maharashtra 444505
- Hotel Ashoka Residency Washim,Patni Chowk, Old Risod Naka, Washim, Maharashtra 444505
Theatres in Washim district:
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Bank Of Maharashtra||9|
|6||Central Bank Of India||11|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|12||Saraswat Cooperative Bank Limited||1|
|13||State Bank Of India||15|
|14||The Akola District Central Cooperative Bank||42|