Imphal East district Information
Sub-Divisions in Imphal East district:
About Imphal East district:
Imphal East is a district in Manipur state, India. The total area of the district is 710 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 452661 living in houses, among them male population is 225130 and female population is 227531. Sex ratio of the district is 1017 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 81.95%.
Imphal East district vehicle registration code is MN 06. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Imphal East.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.20 per unit
- 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.80 per unit
- 201 and above units = Rs.4.70 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Yaooshang (Dol Jatra), Lai-Haraoba, Kang (Rath Jatra), Kut, Heikru Hidongba, Ningol Chakouba, Chumpha, Cheiraoba, Gang Ngai, Ramjan Id, Kwak Yatra (Dussehra) are the major festivals celebrated in Imphal East district.
Imphal East Cuisine:
Chamthong or Kangshoi, Eromba, Kang-ngou or kaang-hou, A-nganba, Sana thongba, Singju, Mangal ooti, Paknam, Nga-thongba, Chahou Kheer, Chak angouba, Rajma eromba, Aloo kangmet, Mairen saag, Nga atoiba thongba are few of the many varieties of Imphal East.
Top tourist places in Imphal East:
Places of interest in Imphal East:
AndroPopular, Bir Tirkendrajit Park, Bishnupur, Chorus Repertory Theatre, Dzuko ValleyPopular, Imphal ValleyPopular, Jama Mosque, KainaPopular, Kangchup, Kangla FortPopular, Keibul Lamjao National ParkPopular, Khonghampat OrchidariumPopular, KhongjomPopular, Khuman Lampak Sport Complex, Khwairamband Bazaar, Langthabal, Leimapokpam Keirungba Temple, Loktak LakePopular, Lord Krishna TemplePopular, Loukoi Pat, Manipur State MuseumPopular, Manipur Zoological GardenPopular, Moirang, Mountaineering and Trekking, MinuthongPopular, Mutua MuseumPopular, Phubala, Red Hill (Lokpaching), Sadu Chiru WaterfallPopular, Sekta Kei, Shahid Minar, Shopping, Shre Shre Govindajee TemplePopular, Singda Dam, Sirohi National ParkPopular, Ukhrul, Waithou Lake are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, pulses, mustard, groundnut, soybeans, sunflower, ginger, turmeric, pineapple, lime/lemon, banana, orange, papaya, plum are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Imphal East district:
Insurance Companies in Imphal East:
- National Insurance Company Ltd.,Near Dharmasala, Thangal Bazar, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- Life Insurance Corporation of India,Khoyathong, Thangal Bazar, Imphal, Manipur 795001
Lawyers (Advocates) in Imphal East:
- Laimayum Sharat Sharma, Advocate,DM College Rd, Thangmeiband Yumnam Leikai, Thangmeiband Hijam Leikai, Imphal, Manipur 795004
Blood banks in Imphal East:
- J.N. Hospital Blood Bank ,Porompat, Imphal East
Trading companies in Imphal East:
Hotels in Imphal East:
- The Classic Hotel,North AOC Petrol Pump, National Highway 150, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- Classic Grande,Chingmeirong Rd, Chingmeirong, Imphal, Manipur 795010
- Hotel Bheigo,Keisampat Thokchom Leikai,Wahengbam Leikai Road, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- Hotel Imphal,Ragailong, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- Hotel Yaiphaba,MG Avenue, Thangal Bazar, Near City Police, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- Anand Continental Hotel,Thangal Bazaar, Khoyathong Road, Majorkhul, Thangal Bazar, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- Hotel New Airlines,Gandhi Avenue, Thangal Bazar, Imphal, Manipur 795001
Theatres in Imphal East district:
- Charduar Hall (Imphal)
- RED SHIELD AUDITORIUM
Sub-Division in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|5||Central Bank Of India||1|
|6||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|7||Punjab And Sind Bank||2|
|8||State Bank Of India||1|
|9||United Bank Of India||1|