Imphal West district Information
Sub-Divisions in Imphal West district:
About Imphal West district:
Imphal West is a district in Manipur state, India. The total area of the district is 519 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 514683 living in houses, among them male population is 253628 and female population is 261055. Sex ratio of the district is 1031 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 86.08%.
Imphal West district vehicle registration code is MN 01. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Imphal West.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.20 per unit
- 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.80 per unit
- 201 and above units = Rs.4.70 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Yaooshang (Dol Jatra), Lai-Haraoba, Kang (Rath Jatra), Kut, Heikru Hidongba, Ningol Chakouba, Chumpha, Cheiraoba, Gang Ngai, Ramjan Id, Kwak Yatra (Dussehra) are the major festivals celebrated in Imphal West district.
Imphal West Cuisine:
Chamthong or Kangshoi, Eromba, Kang-ngou or kaang-hou, A-nganba, Sana thongba, Singju, Mangal ooti, Paknam, Nga-thongba, Chahou Kheer, Chak angouba, Rajma eromba, Aloo kangmet, Mairen saag, Nga atoiba thongba are few of the many varieties of Imphal West.
Top tourist places in Imphal West:
Places of interest in Imphal West:
AndroPopular, Bir Tirkendrajit Park, Bishnupur, CheiraobaPopular, Chorus Repertory Theatre, Dzuko ValleyPopular, Gaan-Ngai, Heikru Hidongba, Imphal ValleyPopular, Jama Mosque, KainaPopular, Kangchup, Kangla FortPopular, Keibul Lamjao National ParkPopular, Khonghampat OrchidariumPopular, KhongjomPopular, Khuman Lampak Sport Complex, Khwairamband Bazaar, Langthabal, Leimapokpam Keirungba Temple, Loktak LakePopular, Lord Krishna TemplePopular, Loukoi Pat, Lui-Ngai-NiPopular, Manipur State MuseumPopular, Manipur Zoological GardenPopular, Moirang, Mountaineering and Trekking, MinuthongPopular, Mutua MuseumPopular, Nupi lal Complex, Phubala, Ratha Jatra, Red Hill (Lokpaching), Sadu Chiru WaterfallPopular, Samban-Lei Sekpil, Sekta Kei, Shahid Minar, Shopping, Shre Shre Govindajee TemplePopular, Singda Dam, Sirohi National ParkPopular, Ukhrul are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, pulses, mustard, groundnut, soybeans, sunflower, ginger, turmeric, pineapple, lime/lemon, banana, orange, papaya, plum are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Imphal West district:
Insurance Companies in Imphal West:
- National Insurance Company Ltd.,Near Dharmasala, Thangal Bazar, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- Life Insurance Corporation of India,Khoyathong, Thangal Bazar, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- HDFC Life,1st Floor, House No.10, DM College Colony, Thangmeiband, RIMS Road, Near LML Showroom, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- National Insurance,Imphal, Singjamei, Samurou, Manipur 795008
Lawyers (Advocates) in Imphal West:
- Laimayum Sharat Sharma, Advocate,DM College Rd, Thangmeiband Yumnam Leikai, Thangmeiband Hijam Leikai, Imphal, Manipur 795004
- Thoidingjam Hrishikanta Khuman,Singjamei Chanam Pukhri, Manipur 795008
Blood banks in Imphal West:
- Shija Blood Bank And Transfusion Services, Situated At Shija Hospital And Research Institute ,Langol
Trading companies in Imphal West:
Hotels in Imphal West:
- Hotel Yaiphaba,MG Avenue, Thangal Bazar, Near City Police, Imphal, Manipur 795001
Theatres in Imphal West district:
- Kangla Cinema Hall (Kethelmanbi)
Sub-Division in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|2||State Bank Of India||6|
|3||United Bank Of India||3|