Ukhrul district Information
Sub-Divisions in Ukhrul district:
About Ukhrul district:
Ukhrul is a district in Manipur state, India. The total area of the district is 4,547 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 183115 living in houses, among them male population is 94013 and female population is 89102. Sex ratio of the district is 943 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 81.35%.
Ukhrul district vehicle registration code is MN 07. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Ukhrul.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.20 per unit
- 101 to 200 units = Rs.3.80 per unit
- 201 and above units = Rs.4.70 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Yaooshang (Dol Jatra), Lai-Haraoba, Kang (Rath Jatra), Kut, Heikru Hidongba, Ningol Chakouba, Chumpha, Cheiraoba, Gang Ngai, Ramjan Id, Kwak Yatra (Dussehra) are the major festivals celebrated in Ukhrul district.
Chamthong or Kangshoi, Eromba, Kang-ngou or kaang-hou, A-nganba, Sana thongba, Singju, Mangal ooti, Paknam, Nga-thongba, Chahou Kheer, Chak angouba, Rajma eromba, Aloo kangmet, Mairen saag, Nga atoiba thongba are few of the many varieties of Ukhrul.
Top tourist places in Ukhrul:
Places of interest in Ukhrul:
are the major tourist attractions of the district.
paddy, wheat, maize, pulses, mustard, groundnut, soybeans, sunflower, ginger, turmeric, pineapple, lime/lemon, banana, orange, papaya, plum are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Ukhrul district:
Insurance Companies in Ukhrul:
- National Insurance Company Ltd.,Near Dharmasala, Thangal Bazar, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- Life Insurance Corporation of India,Khoyathong, Thangal Bazar, Imphal, Manipur 795001
- National Insurance,Thoubal Athokpam,, Lilong, Manipur 795138
Lawyers (Advocates) in Ukhrul:
- Laimayum Sharat Sharma, Advocate,DM College Rd, Thangmeiband Yumnam Leikai, Thangmeiband Hijam Leikai, Imphal, Manipur 795004
Blood banks in Ukhrul:
Trading companies in Ukhrul:
Hotels in Ukhrul:
Theatres in Ukhrul district:
Sub-Division in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|1||State Bank Of India||2|
|3||United Bank Of India||2|