Ganjam district Information
Tehsils in Ganjam district:
About Ganjam district:
Ganjam is a district in Odisha state, India. The total area of the district is 8033 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3520151 living in houses, among them male population is 1777324 and female population is 1742827. Sex ratio of the district is 983 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 71.09%.
Ganjam district vehicle registration code is OD 07. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Ganjam.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.2.50 per unit
- 51 to 200 units = Rs.4.20 per unit
- 201 to 400 units = Rs.5.20 per unit
- 401 and above units = Rs.5.60 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Agni Utsav, Chandan Yatra, Dhani Yatra, Durga Puja, Gajalakshmi Puja, Jagannath Rathayatra, Konark dance Festival, Mahashivaratri, Makarmela, Puri Beach Festival, Rishi Panchami, Taratarini Mela, Vishwakarama Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Ganjam district.
Alu Potala Rasa, Bela Pana, Chadachadi, Chakuli pitha, Chandrakanti, Chhena, Chhena gaja, Chhena jalebi, Chhena Jhili, Chhena kheeri, Chhena poda, Chhencheda, Chingudi Jhola, Dahi baigana, Dahi machha, Enduri Pitha, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Handia, Ilish, Kakara pitha, Khaja, Kheer, Khichdi, Khira sagara, Khiramohana, Kora Khai, Luchi, Maachha, Bihana, Machher Jhol, Manda Pitha, Mathapuli, Mitha dahi, Ouu khatta, Pakhala, Pitha, Podo pitha, Rasabali, Saag, Samosa, Santula, Sattu are few of the many varieties of Ganjam.
Top tourist places in Ganjam:
Places of interest in Ganjam:
Mahurikalua Temple, Kulada Temple, Aryapalli Beach, Maa Bhairavi Temple, Budhakhol, Tara Tarini, Gopalpur-on-sea, Buguda, Bhairabi, Taptapani are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Sugarcane, cereals, millets ,pulses, gram, tuar, arhar, Jute, Sesame, groundnut, mustard, castor and linseed are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Ganjam district:
- Bani Bihar
- Chatrapur Court
- Dhanapur Orissa
Insurance Companies in Ganjam:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Ganjam:
Blood banks in Ganjam:
- Orissa Red Cross Blood Bank Blood Bank ,Sub Division Hospital, Bhanja Nagar
- Red Cross Blood Bank ,Sub Division Hospital
- Orissa Red Cross Blood Bank ,M.K.C.G. Medical College Hospital
Trading companies in Ganjam:
Hotels in Ganjam:
- Hotel Satya Sai ,Kamapalli Main Rd, Kamapalli, Brahmapur, Odisha 760004
- Hotel Bhupati,New Bus Stand Rd, Manjari Nagar, Brahmapur, Odisha 760001
- Hotel Ocean Inn, Beach Road, Gopalpur, Odisha 761002
- Hotel Kama's Inn, Christian Hospital Rd, Tata Benz Square, Godavarish Nagar, Brahmapur, Odisha 760005
- Hotel Nandan Interrnational,Old bus stand infront of G.P.O, Brahmapur, 760001
- Hotel Radha,Gosani Nuagam, Brahmapur, Odisha 760005
Theatres in Ganjam district:
- Payel Talkies - New Bus Stand Road, Berhampur
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||8|
|5||Bank Of India||5|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||4|
|10||DCB Bank Limited||3|
|12||ICICI Bank Limited||5|
|15||Indian Overseas Bank||22|
|16||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|17||Karnataka Bank Limited||1|
|18||Karur Vysya Bank||1|
|19||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|20||Punjab National Bank||4|
|21||State Bank Of Hyderabad||1|
|22||State Bank Of India||84|
|24||Union Bank Of India||3|
|25||United Bank Of India||7|