Jharsuguda district Information
Tehsils in Jharsuguda district:
About Jharsuguda district:
Jharsuguda is a district in Odisha state, India. The total area of the district is 2202 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 579499 living in houses, among them male population is 297014 and female population is 282485. Sex ratio of the district is 953 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 78.86%.
Jharsuguda district vehicle registration code is OD 23. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Jharsuguda.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.2.50 per unit
- 51 to 200 units = Rs.4.20 per unit
- 201 to 400 units = Rs.5.20 per unit
- 401 and above units = Rs.5.60 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Agni Utsav, Chandan Yatra, Dhani Yatra, Durga Puja, Gajalakshmi Puja, Jagannath Rathayatra, Konark dance Festival, Mahashivaratri, Makarmela, Puri Beach Festival, Rishi Panchami, Taratarini Mela, Vishwakarama Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Jharsuguda district.
Alu Potala Rasa, Bela Pana, Chadachadi, Chakuli pitha, Chandrakanti, Chhena, Chhena gaja, Chhena jalebi, Chhena Jhili, Chhena kheeri, Chhena poda, Chhencheda, Chingudi Jhola, Dahi baigana, Dahi machha, Enduri Pitha, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Handia, Ilish, Kakara pitha, Khaja, Kheer, Khichdi, Khira sagara, Khiramohana, Kora Khai, Luchi, Maachha, Bihana, Machher Jhol, Manda Pitha, Mathapuli, Mitha dahi, Ouu khatta, Pakhala, Pitha, Podo pitha, Rasabali, Saag, Samosa, Santula, Sattu are few of the many varieties of Jharsuguda.
Top tourist places in Jharsuguda:
Places of interest in Jharsuguda:
Koilighugar Waterfall, Bikramkhol, Jhadeswar Temple, Chdndi Mandir, Pahadi Mandir, Rock Painting and Lithography of Bikramkhol, Ruins of Hill Forts of Ulapgarh, Padmasini Temple of Padampur, Ramchandi: An ancient Shaktipitha, Koilighughar water fall (Lakhanpur), Ancient Siva Shrine of Jhadeswar Temple, Shree Pahadeswar Temple, Shiva Shrine of Mahadebpali, Historical Kolabira Fort are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Sugarcane, cereals, millets ,pulses, gram, tuar, arhar, Jute, Sesame, groundnut, mustard, castor and linseed are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Jharsuguda district:
- Jharsuguda Junction
Insurance Companies in Jharsuguda:
- National Insurance,Kali Mandir Road, Near Petrol Pump, Jharsuguda, Jharsuguda, Odisha 768202
Lawyers (Advocates) in Jharsuguda:
Blood banks in Jharsuguda:
- Orissa Red Cross Blood BankBaji Chowk, Dhenkanal, Odisha 759001
Trading companies in Jharsuguda:
- SMC Global ,DHANWATI TOWERKALIMANDIR ROAD NR. PETROL PUMPDistrict:Jharsuguda,ORPostcode:768202
- Kotak Securities ,S/O JAY NARAYAN PATELKISAN CHOWK BEHERAMALDistrict:Jharsuguda,ORPostcode:768203
- KARVY STOCK BROKING LTD ,Q NO 23JAWAHARNAGAR BRAJRAJ NAGARDistrict:Jharsuguda,ORPostcode:768233
- KARVY STOCK BROKING LTD ,Q.No.23, Jawaharnagar,Brajraj NagarDistrict:Jharsuguda,ORPostcode:768233
Hotels in Jharsuguda:
- Hotel Lalit Heritage, Hotel Lalit Heritage,Main Raod, Near Railway Station, Jharsuguda, Odisha 768201
- Hotel Aryan,State Highway 10, Behramal, Bijju Nagar, Jharsuguda, Odisha 768202
- Hotel MEGHDOOT Jharsuguda,Main Road, Near Railway Station, Jharsuguda, Odisha 768201
- Hotel Micro Continental,Collectorate Road, Beheramal, Bijju Nagar, Jharsuguda, Odisha 768205
- Shree Shankar Hotel,Beheramal, Jharsuguda, Odisha 768203
- Hotel Orchard,Black Diamond College Rd, Bijju Nagar, Jharsuguda, Odisha 768204
- Hotel Orchid, Chowki Para, Jharsuguda, Odisha 768202
- Hotel Sun City Palace,Banharpalli Road, Belpahar, Odisha 768217
- Hotel The Crown,SH 10, Badmal, Odisha 768202
Theatres in Jharsuguda district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|5||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||4|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|14||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|16||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|17||Punjab National Bank||1|
|18||State Bank Of India||15|
|20||Union Bank Of India||3|