Mayurbhanj district Information
Tehsils in Mayurbhanj district:
About Mayurbhanj district:
Mayurbhanj is a district in Odisha state, India. The total area of the district is 10418 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2513895 living in houses, among them male population is 1253633 and female population is 1260262. Sex ratio of the district is 1006 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 63.17%.
Mayurbhanj district vehicle registration code is OD 11. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Mayurbhanj.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.2.50 per unit
- 51 to 200 units = Rs.4.20 per unit
- 201 to 400 units = Rs.5.20 per unit
- 401 and above units = Rs.5.60 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Agni Utsav, Chandan Yatra, Dhani Yatra, Durga Puja, Gajalakshmi Puja, Jagannath Rathayatra, Konark dance Festival, Mahashivaratri, Makarmela, Puri Beach Festival, Rishi Panchami, Taratarini Mela, Vishwakarama Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Mayurbhanj district.
Alu Potala Rasa, Bela Pana, Chadachadi, Chakuli pitha, Chandrakanti, Chhena, Chhena gaja, Chhena jalebi, Chhena Jhili, Chhena kheeri, Chhena poda, Chhencheda, Chingudi Jhola, Dahi baigana, Dahi machha, Enduri Pitha, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Handia, Ilish, Kakara pitha, Khaja, Kheer, Khichdi, Khira sagara, Khiramohana, Kora Khai, Luchi, Maachha, Bihana, Machher Jhol, Manda Pitha, Mathapuli, Mitha dahi, Ouu khatta, Pakhala, Pitha, Podo pitha, Rasabali, Saag, Samosa, Santula, Sattu are few of the many varieties of Mayurbhanj.
Top tourist places in Mayurbhanj:
Places of interest in Mayurbhanj:
JHINKESWAR TEMPLE, Lulung, Devkund Water Fall, Simlipal National Park, Deogaon, Kichakeswari temple at Khiching, Bhimkund, Lulung, Baidyanath Temple at Manatri, Deokund Water Fall, Shimlipal National Park, Kichakeswari Temple, Sri Jagannath Temple, Maa Ambika Temple, Jaranda Falls, Jubilee Library, Jwalamukhi Temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Sugarcane, cereals, millets ,pulses, gram, tuar, arhar, Jute, Sesame, groundnut, mustard, castor and linseed are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Mayurbhanj district:
- Bahalda Road
- Krishna Ch Pura
Insurance Companies in Mayurbhanj:
- Life Insurance Corporation of India, Life Insurance Corporation Of India, Strand Rd, Fairley Place, BBD Bagh, Kolkata, West Bengal 700001
- Reliance Life Insurance,Deulasahi, Bhanjpur, Baripada, Odisha 757001
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance - Station Bazar -Balasore,3rd floor, Sumitra Tower Near Durga Mandap Square, Station Bazar, Balasore, Odisha 756001
Lawyers (Advocates) in Mayurbhanj:
Blood banks in Mayurbhanj:
- Jamshedpur Blood Bank,Blood Bank Building, Near DC Office, Jamshedpur, Dhatkidih, Jamshedpur - 831001, Straight Mile Rd, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831001
Trading companies in Mayurbhanj:
- SMC Global ,AT- WARD NO. 6 PURANA HAT NR. SBIDistrict:Mayurbhanj,ORPostcode:757001
- Kotak Securities ,AT NAGPALW NO 02 PS UDALADistrict:Mayurbhanj,ORPostcode:757041
- India Infoline (IIFL) ,VILLAGE-WARD NO-20(PART)TOWN -BARIPADA P.S-BARIPADA TOWN DIST-MAYURBHANJDistrict:Mayurbhanj,ORPostcode:757001
- ICICIDirect ,BADA BAZAR BARI PADA MAYURBHANJDistrict:Mayurbhanj,ORPostcode:757001
- ICICIDirect ,WARD NO 7KARANJIYA MAYURBHANI KARANJIYADistrict:Mayurbhanj,ORPostcode:757037
Hotels in Mayurbhanj:
- Hotel Ambika,Near Roxy Theatre, Baripada, Odisha 757001
- Hotel Durga, Ward Number 8, Sankhapata, Baripada, Odisha 757001
Theatres in Mayurbhanj district:
- Roxy Cinema - Ward No- 4, Roxy Cinema Road, Baripada
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||3|
|5||Bank Of India||8|
|7||Central Bank Of India||1|
|11||ICICI Bank Limited||4|
|14||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|15||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|16||State Bank Of India||32|
|18||United Bank Of India||14|