Sundargarh district Information
Tehsils in Sundargarh district:
About Sundargarh district:
Sundargarh is a district in Odisha state, India. The total area of the district is 9942 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 2080664 living in houses, among them male population is 1055723 and female population is 1024941. Sex ratio of the district is 973 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 73.34%.
Sundargarh district vehicle registration code is OD 16. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Sundargarh.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 50 units = Rs.2.50 per unit
- 51 to 200 units = Rs.4.20 per unit
- 201 to 400 units = Rs.5.20 per unit
- 401 and above units = Rs.5.60 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Agni Utsav, Chandan Yatra, Dhani Yatra, Durga Puja, Gajalakshmi Puja, Jagannath Rathayatra, Konark dance Festival, Mahashivaratri, Makarmela, Puri Beach Festival, Rishi Panchami, Taratarini Mela, Vishwakarama Puja are the major festivals celebrated in Sundargarh district.
Alu Potala Rasa, Bela Pana, Chadachadi, Chakuli pitha, Chandrakanti, Chhena, Chhena gaja, Chhena jalebi, Chhena Jhili, Chhena kheeri, Chhena poda, Chhencheda, Chingudi Jhola, Dahi baigana, Dahi machha, Enduri Pitha, Gajar ka halwa, Ghugni, Handia, Ilish, Kakara pitha, Khaja, Kheer, Khichdi, Khira sagara, Khiramohana, Kora Khai, Luchi, Maachha, Bihana, Machher Jhol, Manda Pitha, Mathapuli, Mitha dahi, Ouu khatta, Pakhala, Pitha, Podo pitha, Rasabali, Saag, Samosa, Santula, Sattu are few of the many varieties of Sundargarh.
Top tourist places in Sundargarh:
Places of interest in Sundargarh:
Hanuman Vatika, khandadhar, Vedavyas, Maa Vaishno Devi Temple, Sukha Mahadev Temple, Mandira, Khandadhar, Chatri Hill, Ghogar, Dargeen and Deodhara, Junagarh are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Rice, Sugarcane, cereals, millets ,pulses, gram, tuar, arhar, Jute, Sesame, groundnut, mustard, castor and linseed are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Sundargarh district:
- Bimlagarh Junction
- Raj Gangpur
Insurance Companies in Sundargarh:
- New India Assurance Co. Ltd.,Sundargarh, Odisha 770001
Lawyers (Advocates) in Sundargarh:
- Subash Ch Nayak,Station Road, Rourkela, Odisha 769001
Blood banks in Sundargarh:
Trading companies in Sundargarh:
- Reliance Securities ,QRS NO M/64 PHASE-2 BASANTI COLONY PHASE II ROURKELADistrict:Sundargarh,ORPostcode:769012
- India Infoline (IIFL) ,PLOT NO-Z-2 AREA 7AND8ROURKELA SUNDARGARH ORISSADistrict:Sundargarh,ORPostcode:769004
- India Infoline (IIFL) ,QR NO-BL-38 BASANTI COLONYDIST SUNDARGARHDistrict:Sundargarh,ORPostcode:769012
- ICICIDirect ,SHOP NO.8and21PANI MARKET COMPLEX UDIT NAGARDistrict:Sundargarh,ORPostcode:769012 APOLLO SINDHOORI CAPITAL INVESTMENTS LTD ,PLOT NO. 16 KHATA NO. 503 SHOP NO. 7TUSHAR MARKET COMPLEX HOSPITAL ROAD SUNDARGARH ORISSADistrict:Sundargarh,ORPostcode:770001
- SYKES and RAY EQUITIES (I) LTD ,2ND FLOOR ISWAR COMPLEXOBC BLDG. KACHERY ROAD ROURKELADistrict:Sundargarh,ORPostcode:769012
Hotels in Sundargarh:
- Hotel Sheela inn, Sundargarh, Odisha 770001
Theatres in Sundargarh district:
- Vijaya Talkies - Sundargar Dengibari, Daringbadi
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|5||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|7||Central Bank Of India||10|
|12||ICICI Bank Limited||12|
|15||Indian Overseas Bank||1|
|17||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|18||Karur Vysya Bank||1|
|19||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|20||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|21||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|22||Punjab National Bank||1|
|23||State Bank Of India||9|
|25||Union Bank Of India||2|
|26||United Bank Of India||6|