Karaikal district Information
Commune Panchayats in Karaikal district:
About Karaikal district:
Karaikal is a district in Puducherry state, India. The total area of the district is 160 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 200314 living in houses, among them male population is 97796 and female population is 102518. Sex ratio of the district is 1047 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 87.05%.
Karaikal district vehicle registration code is PY 02. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Karaikal.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 100 units = Rs.1.1 per unit
- 101 to 200 units = Rs.1.75 per unit
- 201 to 400 units = Rs.3.50 per unit
- 401 and above units = Rs.4.60 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Bastille Day, Fete De pondicherry, French Food Festival, Masimagam Festival, Pongal, Villianur Temple Festival, Sri Aurobindo Birth Anniversary are the major festivals celebrated in Karaikal district.
Salad Nicoise, Quiche, Steak-frites (Beef Steak with French Fries), Coq Au Vin, Sole Meuniere, Croque Monsieur / Croque Madame, Bouillabaisse, Ratatouille, Crepes (Sweet or Savoury), Creme Caramel / Creme Brulee, Cheese Platter / Cheese Fondue, Croissant, French Pastries, Coconut Curry, Tandoori Potato, Soya Dosa, Podanlangkai, Assad, Kadugu Yerra, Curried Vegetables, Stuffed Cabbage, Palpayasam (Sweet Milk), Kadugu Yerra are few of the many varieties of Karaikal.
Top tourist places in Karaikal:
Places of interest in Karaikal:
Saneeswara Temple, Karaikal Ammaiyar, Annai Velankanni Church, Navagraha Temples, Boating Club, Thirumalarjanpattinam, Nedungadu, Kottucherry, Dharmapuram, Karaikal Sandy Beach, Aayiram Kaliamman Temple, Settur, Ambagarattur, Mastan Syed Dawood Dargah, Niravi, Bhadrakali Temple, Sri Kailasanathar Temple, Keezha Kasakudy, Mela Kasakudy, Sorarkkdi are the major tourist attractions of the district.
rice, maize, jowar (cholam), bajra (cumbu), ragi, and pulses (Bengalgram, Redgram, Greengram, Blackgram and Horsegram). The cash crops include cotton, sugarcane, oilseeds, coconut, gingelly and chillies. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Karaikal district:
Insurance Companies in Karaikal:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Karaikal:
Blood banks in Karaikal:
- Government General Hospital Blood Bank ,Kamarajar Salai Government Hospital
- Vinayaka Missions Medical College & Hospital ,Karaikal
Trading companies in Karaikal:
Hotels in Karaikal:
- Kumaran Residency, No.18, Dr. Ambedkar Street, Karaikal, Puducherry 605602
- Holidays Farms & Resorts, Main Road, Akkaraivattam, Nagapattinam Highway, Karaikal, Puducherry 609604
- Hotel Moujahir, #7 Kamarajar Road, Kamarajar Salai, Karaikal, Puducherry 609602
- Hotel Mano Residency, 16, P.K. Salai, Karaikal, Puducherry 609602. Phone:04368 224 142
- Noblenest, Bharathiyar Road,, Thalatheru, Chennai - Nagapattinam Hwy, Karaikal, Puducherry 609605
Theatres in Karaikal district:
Commune Panchayat in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||1|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|12||Indian Overseas Bank||5|
|13||Karur Vysya Bank||1|
|14||Laxmi Vilas Bank||2|
|15||State Bank Of India||2|
|16||State Bank Of Travancore||1|
|18||Union Bank Of India||1|