Ariyalur district Information
Talukas in Ariyalur district:
About Ariyalur district:
Ariyalur is a district in Tamil Nadu state, India. The total area of the district is 3208 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 752481 living in houses, among them male population is 373319 and female population is 379162. Sex ratio of the district is 1015 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 71.34%.
Ariyalur district vehicle registration code is TN 61. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Ariyalur.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- for units less than 50 - 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.0 per unit
- for units less than 100 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.25 per unit
- for units less than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.5 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit
- for units more than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs. 3.50 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit, 251 and above units = Rs.6.6 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Aurbathimoovar Festival, Mylapore, Cape Festival, Chennai Dance & Music Festival Chennai, Chithirai Festival, Madurai, Mamallapuram Festival, Dussehra, Float Festival, Kanthuri Festival, Kartigai Deepam, Mahamagam Festival, Meenakshi Kalyanam-Madurai, Natyanjali Dance Festivals, Pongal, Tamil New Year, Thai Poosam, Thyagaraja Carnatic Music Festival-Thiruvariyar, Tourism Fair are the major festivals celebrated in Ariyalur district.
Adhirasam, Avial, Biryani, Chakkoli, Chapati, Chettinad cuisine, Chippi appam, Congee, Dosa, Idiyappam, Kheer, Koottu, Koozh, Kothu Parotta, Kullakar rice, Kuzhambu, Masala, dosa, Molagoottal, Mulligatawny soup, Munthiri Kothu, Murugan Idli Shop, Murukku, Paddu, Papadum, Parotta, Paruppusilli, Pongal (dish), Poriyal, Pulihora, Puri, Puttu, Putu mayam, Rasam, Sambar, Sevai, Thoothukudi macaroon, Thuvaiyal, Upma, Uttapam, Watalappam are few of the many varieties of Ariyalur.
Top tourist places in Ariyalur:
Places of interest in Ariyalur:
Gangaikonda cholapuam, Jayakondam, Nellimaram temple, Sri Kaliuga Varatharaja Perumal temple, Cement city, Elakurichi, karaivetti bird sanctuary, Calimere sanctuary, Thirumalapadi sivan temple, Kamarasavalli, Ariyalur Kodandaramswamy kovil, Kaliya perumal temple, Valikandapuram temple, Keelapaluvar temple, Melapaluvur temple, Govindaputtur, Thirumanur are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Paddy, Groundnut, Cholam, Cotton, Sugarcane, Maize, Turmeric, Ragi, Coconut, Pulses, Cumbu are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Ariyalur district:
- Kallakkudi Plgh
- Vellur Halt
Insurance Companies in Ariyalur:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Ariyalur:
Blood banks in Ariyalur:
Trading companies in Ariyalur:
Hotels in Ariyalur:
- Maruti Hotel,State Highway 27, Ariyalur South, Ariyalur, Tamil Nadu 621704
- Banana Leaf A/c Restaurant,Near Collector Office, MIN Nagar, Ariyalur, Tamil Nadu 621704
- Raya's Grand,23-25, Head Post Office Road Near Holy Mahamaham Tank West Bank, Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu 612001
- Sivamurugan Hotels, 60 Feet Main Road, Near New Bus Stand, Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu 612001
Theatres in Ariyalur district:
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||City Union Bank Limited||4|
|4||State Bank Of India||2|