Dharmapuri district Information
Talukas in Dharmapuri district:
About Dharmapuri district:
Dharmapuri is a district in Tamil Nadu state, India. The total area of the district is 4532 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1502900 living in houses, among them male population is 772490 and female population is 730410. Sex ratio of the district is 946 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 68.54%.
Dharmapuri district vehicle registration code is TN 78. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Dharapuram / Udumalpet.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- for units less than 50 - 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.0 per unit
- for units less than 100 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.25 per unit
- for units less than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.5 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit
- for units more than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs. 3.50 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit, 251 and above units = Rs.6.6 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Aurbathimoovar Festival, Mylapore, Cape Festival, Chennai Dance & Music Festival Chennai, Chithirai Festival, Madurai, Mamallapuram Festival, Dussehra, Float Festival, Kanthuri Festival, Kartigai Deepam, Mahamagam Festival, Meenakshi Kalyanam-Madurai, Natyanjali Dance Festivals, Pongal, Tamil New Year, Thai Poosam, Thyagaraja Carnatic Music Festival-Thiruvariyar, Tourism Fair are the major festivals celebrated in Dharmapuri district.
Adhirasam, Avial, Biryani, Chakkoli, Chapati, Chettinad cuisine, Chippi appam, Congee, Dosa, Idiyappam, Kheer, Koottu, Koozh, Kothu Parotta, Kullakar rice, Kuzhambu, Masala, dosa, Molagoottal, Mulligatawny soup, Munthiri Kothu, Murugan Idli Shop, Murukku, Paddu, Papadum, Parotta, Paruppusilli, Pongal (dish), Poriyal, Pulihora, Puri, Puttu, Putu mayam, Rasam, Sambar, Sevai, Thoothukudi macaroon, Thuvaiyal, Upma, Uttapam, Watalappam are few of the many varieties of Dharmapuri.
Top tourist places in Dharmapuri:
Places of interest in Dharmapuri:
Hogenakkal Waterfalls, Karimangalam, Shri Theerthagirishwarar Temple, Subramanya Siva Memorial, Mount Carmel Church, Chenraya Perumal Temple, Sir Thomas Munro Pillar, Hanumanthathirtham, C.S.I Zion Church, Sacred Heart Cathedral, Kottai Kovil, Adhiyamankottam are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Paddy, Groundnut, Cholam, Cotton, Sugarcane, Maize, Turmeric, Ragi, Coconut, Pulses, Cumbu are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Dharmapuri district:
- G Pochampalli
- Mecheri Road
- Sikkampatti Hal
Insurance Companies in Dharmapuri:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Dharmapuri:
Blood banks in Dharmapuri:
- Dharmapuri Medical College Hospital ,Government Dharmapuri Medical College Hospital
- Ashok Blood Bank And Clinical Laboratory ,No. 63A Sengodipuram Road IInd Floor
- Om Sakthi Blood Bank ,No 4 Sengodipuram
Trading companies in Dharmapuri:
Hotels in Dharmapuri:
- Hotel Srirama,165/11-M, Salem Main Rd, Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu 636701
- Adhiyamaan Palace,NH 7, Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu 636701
- Adhiyaman Palace Hotel & Lodging, #69/4, Adhiyamaan Bye Pass Road, Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu 636701
- Hotel N M Arun Lodge & Ac Bar,No: 430/A, Krishnagiri Main Road, Near 4 Road Signal, Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu 636701
- Hotel Sri Saravana Bhavan,102 ,Bye pass Road, Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu 636701
- C.M.Hotel,Opp.Hogenakkal Busstand, Dharmapuri-Hogenakkal Rd, Hoganakkal, Tamil Nadu 636810
- Dharmapuri Lodge,Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu 636701
- Vetri hotel,Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu 636705
- Hotel Tamilnadu,Via Pennagaram, Dharmapuri Dist., Hoganakkal, Tamil Nadu 636810
- Hotel Anand,Salem Main Rd, Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu 636701
Theatres in Dharmapuri district:
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||1|
|3||Bank Of India||1|
|5||Central Bank Of India||4|
|6||City Union Bank Limited||1|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|13||Indian Overseas Bank||5|
|15||Karur Vysya Bank||4|
|16||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||1|
|17||Laxmi Vilas Bank||6|
|18||South Indian Bank||2|
|19||State Bank Of Hyderabad||1|
|20||State Bank Of India||13|
|22||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited||3|
|23||The Tamil Nadu State Apex Cooperative Bank||1|
|25||Union Bank Of India||2|