Perambalur district Information
Talukas in Perambalur district:
About Perambalur district:
Perambalur is a district in Tamil Nadu state, India. The total area of the district is 1752 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 564511 living in houses, among them male population is 281436 and female population is 283075. Sex ratio of the district is 1003 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 74.32%.
Perambalur district vehicle registration code is TN 46. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Perambalur.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- for units less than 50 - 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.0 per unit
- for units less than 100 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.25 per unit
- for units less than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.5 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit
- for units more than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs. 3.50 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit, 251 and above units = Rs.6.6 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Aurbathimoovar Festival, Mylapore, Cape Festival, Chennai Dance & Music Festival Chennai, Chithirai Festival, Madurai, Mamallapuram Festival, Dussehra, Float Festival, Kanthuri Festival, Kartigai Deepam, Mahamagam Festival, Meenakshi Kalyanam-Madurai, Natyanjali Dance Festivals, Pongal, Tamil New Year, Thai Poosam, Thyagaraja Carnatic Music Festival-Thiruvariyar, Tourism Fair are the major festivals celebrated in Perambalur district.
Adhirasam, Avial, Biryani, Chakkoli, Chapati, Chettinad cuisine, Chippi appam, Congee, Dosa, Idiyappam, Kheer, Koottu, Koozh, Kothu Parotta, Kullakar rice, Kuzhambu, Masala, dosa, Molagoottal, Mulligatawny soup, Munthiri Kothu, Murugan Idli Shop, Murukku, Paddu, Papadum, Parotta, Paruppusilli, Pongal (dish), Poriyal, Pulihora, Puri, Puttu, Putu mayam, Rasam, Sambar, Sevai, Thoothukudi macaroon, Thuvaiyal, Upma, Uttapam, Watalappam are few of the many varieties of Perambalur.
Top tourist places in Perambalur:
Places of interest in Perambalur:
Siruvachur sri Madhurakalai amman temple, Elambalur Sri Thirumangali amman temple, saththanur stone tree, Valikandapuram Sri Valeeswarar temple, Ranjankudi Fort, Elambalur Brummarishi Malai, Ladapuram Natural Falls, Siruvachur Mariamman Koil, Sattanur Fossil Tree, Sri Mathurakaliamman Temple, Sri Bala Thandayuthapani Swami Temple, Sri Madhana Gopala Swami Temple, Sri Valeeswar Temple at Valikanda Puram, Sri Viruthagreeswar Temple at Venganur are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Paddy, Groundnut, Cholam, Cotton, Sugarcane, Maize, Turmeric, Ragi, Coconut, Pulses, Cumbu are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Perambalur district:
Insurance Companies in Perambalur:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Perambalur:
Blood banks in Perambalur:
- Government Head Quarters Hospital ,Government Head Quarters Hospital,Thuraiyur Main Road
- Muthu Blood Bank (Muthu Charitable Trust ,No.153 Mettu St Opp To Vegetable Market
Trading companies in Perambalur:
Hotels in Perambalur:
- Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Hotel,Collector Office Road, New Bus-stand, Perambalur, Tamil Nadu 621212
- Vallalar Hotel,New Bus Stand Rd, Thuraimangalam, Perambalur, Tamil Nadu 621212
- The Royal Residency Hotel,Old Bus Stand, Kamarajar Main Road, Perambalur, Tamil Nadu 621212
- Hotel Amirtha,Trichy - Chennai Highway, Near MRF, Siruvachur, Tamil Nadu 621113
- Vasantham Hotel,Post Office Salai, Super Nagar, Perambalur, Tamil Nadu 621212
Theatres in Perambalur district:
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||2|
|4||Catholic Syrian Bank Limited||1|
|5||Central Bank Of India||2|
|6||City Union Bank Limited||1|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||5|
|12||Indian Overseas Bank||17|
|13||Karur Vysya Bank||2|
|14||Laxmi Vilas Bank||3|
|15||Punjab National Bank||1|
|16||South Indian Bank||2|
|17||State Bank Of India||12|
|19||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited||1|
|21||Union Bank Of India||5|