Sivaganga district Information
Talukas in Sivaganga district:
About Sivaganga district:
Sivaganga is a district in Tamil Nadu state, India. The total area of the district is 4086 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1341250 living in houses, among them male population is 670597 and female population is 670653. Sex ratio of the district is 1003 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 79.85%.
Sivaganga district vehicle registration code is TN 63. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Sivagangai.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- for units less than 50 - 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.0 per unit
- for units less than 100 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.25 per unit
- for units less than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.5 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit
- for units more than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs. 3.50 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit, 251 and above units = Rs.6.6 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Aurbathimoovar Festival, Mylapore, Cape Festival, Chennai Dance & Music Festival Chennai, Chithirai Festival, Madurai, Mamallapuram Festival, Dussehra, Float Festival, Kanthuri Festival, Kartigai Deepam, Mahamagam Festival, Meenakshi Kalyanam-Madurai, Natyanjali Dance Festivals, Pongal, Tamil New Year, Thai Poosam, Thyagaraja Carnatic Music Festival-Thiruvariyar, Tourism Fair are the major festivals celebrated in Sivaganga district.
Adhirasam, Avial, Biryani, Chakkoli, Chapati, Chettinad cuisine, Chippi appam, Congee, Dosa, Idiyappam, Kheer, Koottu, Koozh, Kothu Parotta, Kullakar rice, Kuzhambu, Masala, dosa, Molagoottal, Mulligatawny soup, Munthiri Kothu, Murugan Idli Shop, Murukku, Paddu, Papadum, Parotta, Paruppusilli, Pongal (dish), Poriyal, Pulihora, Puri, Puttu, Putu mayam, Rasam, Sambar, Sevai, Thoothukudi macaroon, Thuvaiyal, Upma, Uttapam, Watalappam are few of the many varieties of Sivaganga.
Top tourist places in Sivaganga:
Places of interest in Sivaganga:
Kalaiyar Koil, Thirukoshtiyur, Nattarasan Kottai, Kollangudi, Vettangudi Bird Sanctuary, Thayamangalam, Chettinad, Piranmalai, Sri Ninra Narayanaperumal Temple, Angalaparameswari Amman temple, Konrai Sithar Samadhi, Sri Veeramaakaaliamman at Tirupathur, Vairavanpatti, Thirupachethi, Idaikattur Church, Pilliarpatti, Kundrakudi, Karaikudi are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Paddy, Groundnut, Cholam, Cotton, Sugarcane, Maize, Turmeric, Ragi, Coconut, Pulses, Cumbu are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Sivaganga district:
- Devakottai Road
- Kandanur P Vaya
- Karaikkudi Junction
- Manamadurai Junction
- Manamadurai Est
Insurance Companies in Sivaganga:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Sivaganga:
- Ajmal Associates,Madurai,4/150, Lake Area, TTC Nagar, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625020
- Akbar Basha Advocate,No. 23/2, North Avani Moola Street, Near M S N Export, North Avani Moola Street, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625001
- N.Mohideen Basha Advocate Office, Al Ameen Orphanage Rd, Al Amin Nagar, K.Pudhur, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625007
Blood banks in Sivaganga:
- Government Head Quarters Hospital ,Sivaganga
Trading companies in Sivaganga:
- Anand Rathi ,8-8-19E Sakkotti Main Road,Puduvayal KaraikudiDistrict:Sivaganga,TNPostcode:630108
Hotels in Sivaganga:
Theatres in Sivaganga district:
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||3|
|5||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||2|
|8||Central Bank Of India||4|
|9||City Union Bank Limited||4|
|13||ICICI Bank Limited||23|
|16||Indian Overseas Bank||37|
|17||Karur Vysya Bank||1|
|18||Laxmi Vilas Bank||1|
|19||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|20||Punjab National Bank||1|
|21||South Indian Bank||2|
|22||State Bank Of India||16|
|23||State Bank Of Travancore||1|
|25||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited||4|
|27||Union Bank Of India||3|
|28||United Bank Of India||2|