Theni district Information
Talukas in Theni district:
About Theni district:
Theni is a district in Tamil Nadu state, India. The total area of the district is 3066 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1243684 living in houses, among them male population is 624922 and female population is 618762. Sex ratio of the district is 991 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 77.26%.
Theni district vehicle registration code is TN 60. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Theni.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- for units less than 50 - 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.0 per unit
- for units less than 100 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.25 per unit
- for units less than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.5 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit
- for units more than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs. 3.50 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit, 251 and above units = Rs.6.6 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Aurbathimoovar Festival, Mylapore, Cape Festival, Chennai Dance & Music Festival Chennai, Chithirai Festival, Madurai, Mamallapuram Festival, Dussehra, Float Festival, Kanthuri Festival, Kartigai Deepam, Mahamagam Festival, Meenakshi Kalyanam-Madurai, Natyanjali Dance Festivals, Pongal, Tamil New Year, Thai Poosam, Thyagaraja Carnatic Music Festival-Thiruvariyar, Tourism Fair are the major festivals celebrated in Theni district.
Adhirasam, Avial, Biryani, Chakkoli, Chapati, Chettinad cuisine, Chippi appam, Congee, Dosa, Idiyappam, Kheer, Koottu, Koozh, Kothu Parotta, Kullakar rice, Kuzhambu, Masala, dosa, Molagoottal, Mulligatawny soup, Munthiri Kothu, Murugan Idli Shop, Murukku, Paddu, Papadum, Parotta, Paruppusilli, Pongal (dish), Poriyal, Pulihora, Puri, Puttu, Putu mayam, Rasam, Sambar, Sevai, Thoothukudi macaroon, Thuvaiyal, Upma, Uttapam, Watalappam are few of the many varieties of Theni.
Top tourist places in Theni:
Places of interest in Theni:
Suruli Falls, Vaigai Dam, Meghamalai, Bodinayakkanur, Vellimalai, Chinnamanur, Kamatchi Amman Temple, Mullai Periyar Dam, Kumbakkarai Falls, Kolukkumalai, Sothupparai Dam, Gowmariamman Temple, Kannagi Temple, Vellappar Temple, Arulmigu Balasubramanya Temple, Kailasanathar Cave Temple, Sri Saneeswara Baghwan Temple, Sri Kaalahasthiishwara Swami Temple, Seran's Fun Park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Paddy, Groundnut, Cholam, Cotton, Sugarcane, Maize, Turmeric, Ragi, Coconut, Pulses, Cumbu are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Theni district:
Insurance Companies in Theni:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Theni:
Blood banks in Theni:
- Government Head Quarters Hospital ,Periyakulam
- Government Theni Medical College Hospital ,Government Theni Medical College, Kanavilaku, Madurai Road
Trading companies in Theni:
Hotels in Theni:
- Hotel Western Gatz,Periyakulam Road,78-A,N.R.T Main Road,Theni-625531, Near Railway gate, Theni, Tamil Nadu 625531
- Hotel Theni International, Madurai Road, Near Old Bus Stand, Theni, Tamil Nadu 625531
- ABM Grande,19 Kumuly NH Road, Theni, Tamil Nadu 625531
- Hotel Shree Deiva,Periyakulam Road, Opp. Theni Police Station, Theni, Tamil Nadu 625531
- Hotel Vaigai,RMTC Colony, Theni Allinagaram, Tamil Nadu 625531
- New Everest Hotel,Periyakulam Main Rd, Bathra Kaliyamman, Konduraja Line, Theni, Tamil Nadu 625531
- Anna Lakshmi Hotel,Bathra Kaliyamman, Konduraja Line, Theni, Tamil Nadu 625531
- Hotel Sivas Regency,sivas tower, Madurai road, Kochi-Dhanushkodi Rd, Theni, Tamil Nadu 625531
- Hotel Sapphire,Near Sivanantha nagar, Cumbum road, Palanichettipatty,, Theni, Tamil Nadu 625531
Theatres in Theni district:
- Amaravathi Theatre - 5A Mariamman Kovil Street, Cumbum
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||3|
|3||Bank Of India||1|
|5||Central Bank Of India||5|
|6||City Union Bank Limited||4|
|9||ICICI Bank Limited||3|
|12||Indian Overseas Bank||14|
|13||Karur Vysya Bank||10|
|14||Laxmi Vilas Bank||4|
|15||South Indian Bank||3|
|16||State Bank Of India||19|
|17||State Bank Of Travancore||2|
|19||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited||9|
|21||Union Bank Of India||5|