Thiruvallur district Information
Talukas in Thiruvallur district:
About Thiruvallur district:
Thiruvallur is a district in Tamil Nadu state, India. The total area of the district is 3424 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3725697 living in houses, among them male population is 1878559 and female population is 1847138. Sex ratio of the district is 987 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 84.03%.
Thiruvallur district vehicle registration code is TN 20. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Thiruvallur.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- for units less than 50 - 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.0 per unit
- for units less than 100 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.25 per unit
- for units less than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.5 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit
- for units more than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs. 3.50 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit, 251 and above units = Rs.6.6 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Aurbathimoovar Festival, Mylapore, Cape Festival, Chennai Dance & Music Festival Chennai, Chithirai Festival, Madurai, Mamallapuram Festival, Dussehra, Float Festival, Kanthuri Festival, Kartigai Deepam, Mahamagam Festival, Meenakshi Kalyanam-Madurai, Natyanjali Dance Festivals, Pongal, Tamil New Year, Thai Poosam, Thyagaraja Carnatic Music Festival-Thiruvariyar, Tourism Fair are the major festivals celebrated in Thiruvallur district.
Adhirasam, Avial, Biryani, Chakkoli, Chapati, Chettinad cuisine, Chippi appam, Congee, Dosa, Idiyappam, Kheer, Koottu, Koozh, Kothu Parotta, Kullakar rice, Kuzhambu, Masala, dosa, Molagoottal, Mulligatawny soup, Munthiri Kothu, Murugan Idli Shop, Murukku, Paddu, Papadum, Parotta, Paruppusilli, Pongal (dish), Poriyal, Pulihora, Puri, Puttu, Putu mayam, Rasam, Sambar, Sevai, Thoothukudi macaroon, Thuvaiyal, Upma, Uttapam, Watalappam are few of the many varieties of Thiruvallur.
Top tourist places in Thiruvallur:
Places of interest in Thiruvallur:
Karaikal Ammaiyar Mukthi Adaintha Place, Devi Karumariamman Temple, Lord Arulmigu Subramaniya Swami Temple, Lord Siva Temple and Ashramam, Lord Siva Temple, Coovam - Kadambathur & Tiruvlangadu, Lord Veeraraghava Perumal Temple, Murugan Temple, Sri Bhavaniamman Temple at Periyapalayam, Vadivudaiamman Temple at Tiruvottiyur, Sri Viswaroopa Panchamukha Anjaneyaswami Temple, Poondi Reservoir (Tiruvallur Taluk), Pulicat, Ambattur, Avadi, Chembarambakkam, Pazhayanur (Tiruttani Taluk), Poovirundavalli (Poonamallee) are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Paddy, Groundnut, Cholam, Cotton, Sugarcane, Maize, Turmeric, Ragi, Coconut, Pulses, Cumbu are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Thiruvallur district:
- Kakkalur H
- Sevvapet Road
- Vyasarpadi Jeev
Insurance Companies in Thiruvallur:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Thiruvallur:
- Singhania & Co, Old No 781-785 New No 158, I Floor, Royal Tower, Anna Salai, Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600002
- S Ramasubramaniam & Associates, 6/1 Bishop Wallace Avenue (West),, CIT Colony, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600004
- Paul Kanagaraj R L,No. 2/30, Lettangs Road, Vepery, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600007
- K.P. Ashok Advocate,No. 271/272, Triplicane High Rd, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
Blood banks in Thiruvallur:
- Government Head Quarters Hospital ,Government Thiruvallur Head Quarters Hospital, JN Road
Trading companies in Thiruvallur:
- Sharekhan ,29 THIYAGI SUBRAMANIAR STREETT.V MALAI ARNIDistrict:Thiruvallur,TNPostcode:632301
- Reliance Securities ,NEW NO.7 OLD NO.9 ANNA CROSS STREETRAMNAGAR AMBATTURDistrict:Thiruvallur,TNPostcode:600053Kotak Securities ,51/2 MOUNASAMY MADAN ST VENKATPURAMAMBATTURDistrict:Thiruvallur,TNPostcode:600053
- Kotak Securities ,16 THIYAKI SUBRAMANIM STREETARNIDistrict:Thiruvallur,TNPostcode:632301
- India Infoline (IIFL) ,70 A CHOLAMPEDU ROADSECRETARIAT COLONY AMBATTUR CHENNAIDistrict:Thiruvallur,TNPostcode:600053
- India Infoline (IIFL) ,NO 181 T.H.ROADTHIRUVOTRIYUR City:AmbatturDistrict:Thiruvallur,TNPostcode:600019
Hotels in Thiruvallur:
Theatres in Thiruvallur district:
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||3|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|5||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|7||Central Bank Of India||8|
|8||City Union Bank Limited||20|
|10||DCB Bank Limited||1|
|14||ICICI Bank Limited||8|
|17||Indian Overseas Bank||35|
|19||ING Vysya Bank||2|
|20||Karur Vysya Bank||5|
|21||Laxmi Vilas Bank||3|
|22||Punjab National Bank||1|
|23||South Indian Bank||4|
|24||State Bank Of Hyderabad||1|
|25||State Bank Of India||5|
|26||State Bank Of Patiala||2|
|27||State Bank Of Travancore||2|
|29||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited||7|