Thiruvarur district Information
Talukas in Thiruvarur district:
About Thiruvarur district:
Thiruvarur is a district in Tamil Nadu state, India. The total area of the district is 2377 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1268094 living in houses, among them male population is 627616 and female population is 640478. Sex ratio of the district is 1017 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 82.86%.
Thiruvarur district vehicle registration code is TN 50. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Thiruvarur.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- for units less than 50 - 1 to 50 units = Rs.3.0 per unit
- for units less than 100 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.25 per unit
- for units less than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs.3.5 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit
- for units more than 250 - 1 to 100 units = Rs. 3.50 per unit, 101 to 250 units = Rs.4.6 per unit, 251 and above units = Rs.6.6 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Aurbathimoovar Festival, Mylapore, Cape Festival, Chennai Dance & Music Festival Chennai, Chithirai Festival, Madurai, Mamallapuram Festival, Dussehra, Float Festival, Kanthuri Festival, Kartigai Deepam, Mahamagam Festival, Meenakshi Kalyanam-Madurai, Natyanjali Dance Festivals, Pongal, Tamil New Year, Thai Poosam, Thyagaraja Carnatic Music Festival-Thiruvariyar, Tourism Fair are the major festivals celebrated in Thiruvarur district.
Adhirasam, Avial, Biryani, Chakkoli, Chapati, Chettinad cuisine, Chippi appam, Congee, Dosa, Idiyappam, Kheer, Koottu, Koozh, Kothu Parotta, Kullakar rice, Kuzhambu, Masala, dosa, Molagoottal, Mulligatawny soup, Munthiri Kothu, Murugan Idli Shop, Murukku, Paddu, Papadum, Parotta, Paruppusilli, Pongal (dish), Poriyal, Pulihora, Puri, Puttu, Putu mayam, Rasam, Sambar, Sevai, Thoothukudi macaroon, Thuvaiyal, Upma, Uttapam, Watalappam are few of the many varieties of Thiruvarur.
Top tourist places in Thiruvarur:
Places of interest in Thiruvarur:
Sri Thyagarajaswamy Temple, Pathanjali Manoharar Temple, Muttupettai, Vinayakar Temple, Naduvullaan Temple, Palani Andavar Temple, Seethala Devi Temple, Shivan Kovil, Shri Yagjneshwarar Temple, Sri Aabhatsakayeswarar Temple, Sri Lakshmi Narayana Perumal Temple, Sundareswarar Temple, Thiruvarur Araneri Achaleshwara Temple, Thrinethra Swamy Temple, Vanchinathar Swamy Temple, Manmadan Temple, Kumaran Koil, Anthony Church, Ayyanar Temple, Church Of The South, Government Museum Thiruvarur, Iyyappan Temple, Kamalambal Temple, Udayamarthandapuram Bird Sanctuary, Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple, Agnipureeswarar Temple, Kothanda Ramar Temple, Neelameghaperumal Temple, City Garden, Sri Rajagopalaswamy Temple, Saraswati Temple, Piravimarundeeswarar Temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Paddy, Groundnut, Cholam, Cotton, Sugarcane, Maize, Turmeric, Ragi, Coconut, Pulses, Cumbu are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Thiruvarur district:
- Thiruvarur Junction
- Tiruturaipdi Junction
Insurance Companies in Thiruvarur:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Thiruvarur:
Blood banks in Thiruvarur:
Trading companies in Thiruvarur:
Hotels in Thiruvarur:
- Hotel Selvies, 2, Kattukara Street, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu 610002
- VPK Lodge,32 B /12 Thanjavur Road, Opp Bus Stand, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu 610001
- Hotel MMA,3/364A,Dr. kalaingar nagar, Mannarkudi Road, Vilamal, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu 610001
- Hotel Kasi's Inn,No: 91, 25-A, Thilagar 2nd Street, Near Railway Over Bridge, Velankanni Bye Pass Road, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu 610001
- Sudarshan Complex Hotel, South Madavilagam, Vasan Nagar, Madapuram, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu 610001
Theatres in Thiruvarur district:
- AM Deluxe - Near Old Bus Stand, Tiruthuraipoondi
Taluka in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||1|
|7||City Union Bank Limited||1|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||11|
|12||Indian Overseas Bank||24|
|13||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|14||Karur Vysya Bank||1|
|15||Laxmi Vilas Bank||5|
|16||South Indian Bank||1|
|17||State Bank Of India||1|
|18||State Bank Of Travancore||1|
|20||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited||3|