Banda district Information
Tehsils in Banda district:
About Banda district:
Banda is a district in Uttar Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 4413 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1799541 living in houses, among them male population is 966123 and female population is 833418. Sex ratio of the district is 863 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 66.67%.
Banda district vehicle registration code is UP 90. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Banda.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 150 units = Rs.4.4 per unit
- 151 to 300 units = Rs.4.95 per unit
- 301 to 500 units = Rs.5.6 per unit
- 501 and above units = Rs.6.2 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Ayudha Puja, Ayurved Jhansi Mahotsava, Bateshwar Fair, Holi, Dadjee Ka Huranga in Baldeo, Dadri Mela, Deva Fair, Diwali, Dussehra, Holi, Janmashtami, Kailash Fair, Kampil Fair, Lucknow Festival, Maha Shivratri, Muharram, Nandgaon Holi, Nirjala Ekadashi, Ram Barat, Ramlila, Taj Festival are the major festivals celebrated in Banda district.
Aam panna, Allahabadi cake, Aloo tikki, Bhang, Gajar ka halwa, Gujia, Kachori, Kanji (drink), Kewra, Kheer, Korma, Makhan malai, Malpua, Mathura peda, Mattar paneer, Misri, Okhlee, Paan, Pakora, Paratha, Pasanda, Peda, Puri, Puri bhaji, Samosa, Shami kebab, Sharbat, Sooth, Tunde ke kabab are few of the many varieties of Banda.
Top tourist places in Banda:
Places of interest in Banda:
Chitrakoot village, Bamdeveshwar Temple & Mount, Maheshwari Devi Temple, Kalinjar Fort, Bhuragarh Fort, Rangarh Fort, Nawab Tank, Four Stone Pillar, Khatri Pahar, St. George's Church (YELLOW CHURCH), Jama-Masjid, Bamdeo Temple are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Wheat, Rice, Pulses, Oil Seeds, Sugarcane, Mango, Guava, Litchi, Aonla, Banana, Bael, Ber, Citrus, Potato, Peas, Onion, Brinjal, Cucumber, Parwal, Tomato, Okra, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Lobia, Garlic, Chillies, Ginger, Turmeric, Coriander, Rose, Tuberose, Gladiolus, Marigold, Jasmine, Betel vine, Mushroom, Honey production. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Banda district:
- Banda Junction
- Khairar Junction
Insurance Companies in Banda:
Lawyers (Advocates) in Banda:
Blood banks in Banda:
- District Hospital ,: Banda
Trading companies in Banda:
Hotels in Banda:
- Hotel Comfort-Inn,Station Road Pili Kothi, Banda, Uttar Pradesh 210001
- GRAND DARBAR,ABOVE ICICI BANK, Gular Naka, Banda, Uttar Pradesh 210001
- Hotel Sarang Intercontinental,Balkhandi Naka Rd, Balkhandi Naka, Banda, Uttar Pradesh 210001
- Hotel Tulsi Swaroop,chawni, Gular Naka, Banda, Uttar Pradesh 210001
- Shraddha Hotel,Chhawni, Banda, Uttar Pradesh 210001
- Hotel Atithi,NH 76, Gular Naka, Banda, Uttar Pradesh 210001
- Sudha Saurabh,Gular Naka, Banda, Uttar Pradesh 210001
Theatres in Banda district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|2||Bank Of Baroda||5|
|4||Central Bank Of India||4|
|6||ICICI Bank Limited||2|
|8||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||2|
|9||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|10||Punjab National Bank||2|
|11||State Bank Of India||13|
|14||Union Bank Of India||1|