Gonda district Information
Tehsils in Gonda district:
About Gonda district:
Gonda is a district in Uttar Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 4425 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 3431386 living in houses, among them male population is 1785629 and female population is 1645757. Sex ratio of the district is 921 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 58.71%.
Gonda district vehicle registration code is UP 43. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Gonda.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 150 units = Rs.4.4 per unit
- 151 to 300 units = Rs.4.95 per unit
- 301 to 500 units = Rs.5.6 per unit
- 501 and above units = Rs.6.2 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Ayudha Puja, Ayurved Jhansi Mahotsava, Bateshwar Fair, Holi, Dadjee Ka Huranga in Baldeo, Dadri Mela, Deva Fair, Diwali, Dussehra, Holi, Janmashtami, Kailash Fair, Kampil Fair, Lucknow Festival, Maha Shivratri, Muharram, Nandgaon Holi, Nirjala Ekadashi, Ram Barat, Ramlila, Taj Festival are the major festivals celebrated in Gonda district.
Aam panna, Allahabadi cake, Aloo tikki, Bhang, Gajar ka halwa, Gujia, Kachori, Kanji (drink), Kewra, Kheer, Korma, Makhan malai, Malpua, Mathura peda, Mattar paneer, Misri, Okhlee, Paan, Pakora, Paratha, Pasanda, Peda, Puri, Puri bhaji, Samosa, Shami kebab, Sharbat, Sooth, Tunde ke kabab are few of the many varieties of Gonda.
Top tourist places in Gonda:
Places of interest in Gonda:
Swaminarayan Chhapaiya, Varahi Dev, Ayodhya, Prash, Tirrey Manorama, Khaira Bhawani(Mandir), Prithvi Nathan Mahadeo, Paska (Sukar Khet), Jhali Dham, Parvati Mahadeo, Colonelganj, Gandhi Park are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Wheat, Rice, Pulses, Oil Seeds, Sugarcane, Mango, Guava, Litchi, Aonla, Banana, Bael, Ber, Citrus, Potato, Peas, Onion, Brinjal, Cucumber, Parwal, Tomato, Okra, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Lobia, Garlic, Chillies, Ginger, Turmeric, Coriander, Rose, Tuberose, Gladiolus, Marigold, Jasmine, Betel vine, Mushroom, Honey production. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Gonda district:
- Bhawanipur Kaln
- Gonda Junction
- Gonda Kachahri
- Mankapur Junction
Insurance Companies in Gonda:
- Life Insurance Agent in Gonda, Village-Malari, P/o - Malari, Gonda, Uttar Pradesh 271601
- National Insurance, Gonda - Bahraich Rd, Civil Line, Azad Nagar, Gonda, Uttar Pradesh 271001
Lawyers (Advocates) in Gonda:
Blood banks in Gonda:
- District Hospital , Gonda
Trading companies in Gonda:
- Sharekhan ,STATION ROAD, BARGONDistrict:Gonda,UPPostcode:271001
- Reliance Securities ,Shop No. 4, Opp. Naveen Mandi Samiti,Mo -Parao, Nawabganj,District:Gonda,UPPostcode:271303
Hotels in Gonda:
- Hotel Gonard,Lucknow road, Civil lines, opp thomson inter college, Gonda, Uttar Pradesh 271001
- Sharma HOTELS,Gonda - Bahraich Rd, Civil Line, Azad Nagar, Gonda, Uttar Pradesh 271003
- Shankar Hotel and Restaurant,MDR 10E, Gonda, Uttar Pradesh 271001
- Hotel International,Gonda Balrampur Tulasipur Koyala Wasa Marg, Veer Pur, Gonda, Uttar Pradesh 271003
Theatres in Gonda district:
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|4||Bank Of Baroda||3|
|5||Bank Of India||2|
|6||Bank Of Maharashtra||1|
|8||Central Bank Of India||4|
|10||ICICI Bank Limited||1|
|13||Karur Vysya Bank||1|
|14||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||2|
|15||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|16||Punjab National Bank||2|
|17||State Bank Of India||25|
|19||Union Bank Of India||6|
|20||United Bank Of India||1|