Sonbhadra district Information
Tehsils in Sonbhadra district:
About Sonbhadra district:
Sonbhadra is a district in Uttar Pradesh state, India. The total area of the district is 6788 sq.km. According to recent census the total population of the district is 1862612 living in houses, among them male population is 973480 and female population is 889132. Sex ratio of the district is 918 females per 1000 males, and literacy rate is 64.03%.
Sonbhadra district vehicle registration code is UP 64. Regional Transport Office (RTO) located in Sonbhadra.
Electricity Tariff Slabs and Rates:
- 1 to 150 units = Rs.4.4 per unit
- 151 to 300 units = Rs.4.95 per unit
- 301 to 500 units = Rs.5.6 per unit
- 501 and above units = Rs.6.2 per unit
Important Festivals of the district:
Ayudha Puja, Ayurved Jhansi Mahotsava, Bateshwar Fair, Holi, Dadjee Ka Huranga in Baldeo, Dadri Mela, Deva Fair, Diwali, Dussehra, Holi, Janmashtami, Kailash Fair, Kampil Fair, Lucknow Festival, Maha Shivratri, Muharram, Nandgaon Holi, Nirjala Ekadashi, Ram Barat, Ramlila, Taj Festival are the major festivals celebrated in Sonbhadra district.
Aam panna, Allahabadi cake, Aloo tikki, Bhang, Gajar ka halwa, Gujia, Kachori, Kanji (drink), Kewra, Kheer, Korma, Makhan malai, Malpua, Mathura peda, Mattar paneer, Misri, Okhlee, Paan, Pakora, Paratha, Pasanda, Peda, Puri, Puri bhaji, Samosa, Shami kebab, Sharbat, Sooth, Tunde ke kabab are few of the many varieties of Sonbhadra.
Top tourist places in Sonbhadra:
Places of interest in Sonbhadra:
are the major tourist attractions of the district.
Wheat, Rice, Pulses, Oil Seeds, Sugarcane, Mango, Guava, Litchi, Aonla, Banana, Bael, Ber, Citrus, Potato, Peas, Onion, Brinjal, Cucumber, Parwal, Tomato, Okra, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Lobia, Garlic, Chillies, Ginger, Turmeric, Coriander, Rose, Tuberose, Gladiolus, Marigold, Jasmine, Betel vine, Mushroom, Honey production. are the major crops that are cultivated mostly in the area.
Railway Stations in Sonbhadra district:
- Agori Khas
- Obra Dam
- Paras Pani
- Salai Banwa
Insurance Companies in Sonbhadra:
- SBI Life Insurance,"VIJAY JANAKI COMPLEX", 1ST FLOOR, PIPARI ROAD, NEAR ALLAHABAD BANK, SH 5A, Barauli, Robertsganj, Uttar Pradesh 231216
- Raj K Jaiswal-ICICI Lombard / Prudential Life Insurance,National Highway 75 Parasi, Near Roapway, Bina Road, District Sonebhadra, Kakri, Uttar Pradesh 231224
Lawyers (Advocates) in Sonbhadra:
- Ashok Kumar Gupta Attorney,Barauli, Robertsganj, Uttar Pradesh 231216
Blood banks in Sonbhadra:
- District Hospital ,Sonbhadra
Trading companies in Sonbhadra:
- Religare ,AURIMOD BEENA ROADANPARA SONEBHADRADistrict:Sonbhadra,UPPostcode:231225
- Kotak Securities ,I/50 TIS NTPC COLONYNTPC COLONY PO BIJAPURDistrict:Sonbhadra,UPPostcode:231223
- India Infoline (IIFL) ,SHIVA PARK MAIN ROADPO- RENUKOOT DT-SONEBHADRA IN FRONT OF ARYASAMAJ SCHOOL U PDistrict:Sonbhadra,UPPostcode:231217
- Angel Broking ,H.NO.1049 HIL COLONY RENUKOOTDistrict:Sonbhadra,UPPostcode:231217
- Angel Broking ,SHIVA PARK RENUKOOT,NEAR BUS STAND, TEHSIL DUHADIDistrict:Sonbhadra,UPPostcode:231217
Hotels in Sonbhadra:
- Hotel Savera,Civil Lines Road, Sonbhadra, Robertsganj, Uttar Pradesh 231216
- Hotel SriRam International, Auri More anpara, Near Police Station, Sonbhadra, Anpara, Uttar Pradesh 231225
Theatres in Sonbhadra district:
- Raj Palace - Bye Pass Road, Robertsganj
Tehsil in the district and their information is given below.
Banks and their branches:
|Sno.||Bank Name||No. of branches|
|3||Bank Of Baroda||5|
|4||Bank Of India||1|
|6||Central Bank Of India||2|
|8||ICICI Bank Limited||3|
|10||Indian Overseas Bank||2|
|12||ING Vysya Bank||1|
|13||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||1|
|14||Punjab And Sind Bank||1|
|15||Punjab National Bank||1|
|16||State Bank Of India||6|